PDA

View Full Version : Idea's i've had...

The_Dajaw
03-15-2010, 09:53 PM
I've been messing around with the files for din's for a couple of days, and whilst modding i've just had a little idea that could be very beneficial to the game.

One thing that annoys me is that skills don't scale properly, certain skills become very useless very quickly (shuriken anyone?). they all go up in flat increments, instead of exponantially for damage, or for armor for example by percent with with diminishing returns (not sure if this could be done?).

My idea would be to introduce code to allow the use of the modifier DynamicStatMultSkillDamage on each direct damage skill to exponentially increase damage. Is this something you've considered for the full release? and if so would it be possible to have a skill mult modifier for the other stats (health, str, vit, def, att etc) so all the skills could potentially be rebalanced for this system?

I think the modifier as it stands only works on passives - it may work on offensive skills but I believe some code will need to be added to allow the 'skill hint' to display the modified damage.

I have already overhauled many of the skills (including new skills), added a class and massively changed the general balance of the game toward slower fights and more tactical play, but this would really be the icing on the cake for my mod release when this beauty is out!

P.S I love the game and the externalisation of all the data is great for tweakers like me! Anyone can mod this game its great! Even adding a new class with a couple of skills took around 10 minutes!

Cadfan
03-16-2010, 02:14 AM
Be careful when messing with skill progressions. Some have reasons behind them that may not be immediately apparent.

Shadow
03-16-2010, 10:52 AM
Shuriken is actually getting changed. Most stats can either be raised with by addition of multiplication with the stuff that is already there.