PDA

View Full Version : Din beta patch 0.910

Shadow
03-16-2010, 06:46 PM
Beta patch 0.910 of Din's Curse is now available over on the Din's Curse patch page (http://www.soldak.com/Dins-Curse/Patches.html). Changes can be read here (http://www.soldak.com/Dins-Curse/Patches/Changes.html).

Fosse
03-16-2010, 07:54 PM
fixed dynamic stat modifiers not working on items (FloodSpectre)

Does that mean things like % Armor and % Armor Bonus on items? :)

added ________ to manual
I tip my hat to you.

ShaggyMoose
03-16-2010, 07:57 PM
What a huge fix list. Some of the changes will help to make the world even more dynamic, especially monsters and monster groups gaining experience to "level up". New quest and room types are also very welcome. Nice one. :)

Shadow
03-16-2010, 08:02 PM
Does that mean things like % Armor and % Armor Bonus on items? :)

No, what I fixed was things like +5% Critical Hit. The +100% armor stuff works fine. It's just hidden because it's already included in the armor value that the game displays.

getter77
03-16-2010, 08:05 PM
Everybody loves meaty patches!

Gorgarax
03-16-2010, 08:09 PM
Awesome new patch. Lot of content with this one. A question, though. With these new unknown gates, I enter one and it takes me to a gate on a random floor. Is it possible for me to return to the unknown gate's location and take it to another random destination, or it it used up? If it's the former, I worry this could be a very exploitable way to find all the gates early.

FloodSpectre
03-16-2010, 08:28 PM
The new patch was kind to my rogue. :D Now I have a +110% crit chance and +20% weapon speed, so that's nice. Plus, Shuriken looks much better. Will try it out soon.

Noticed a minor issue. When you right click some food that you aren't high enough level to eat yet it still makes the food eaten noise despite doing nothing.

The_Dajaw
03-16-2010, 09:15 PM
Awesome Shadow this gets better and better :) Pretty big patch hehe. I like the manual addendum's, it'd be nice to have some mathematic examples for Attack and defense but maybe i just need to stop being lazy and actually do some tests.

Fosse
03-16-2010, 09:41 PM
No, what I fixed was things like +5% Critical Hit. The +100% armor stuff works fine. It's just hidden because it's already included in the armor value that the game displays.

Oh. I didn't think it was obvious that it does. I know I don't expect any increases with small armor amounts and items with, say, 3% increase. But I've had some items with 50% increase and didn't notice. I'll break out the calculator next time. :) How do they work? Are the % numbers added together then applied in aggregate? Or does each % only affect it's own item?

Would it be possible to have the tooltip that appears when you hover over Attack, DPS, Armor, etc. show where you're getting that boost? X raw number from item stats, X from magic item increases, and X from % bonuses?

Also, is there a difference between "% Armor" and "% Armor Bonus"? I've seen both.

It would also be nice to see the total increase to % critical and so on -- the under the hood stats -- even if the actual number remains hidden. So one could see at a glance the number being applied to the hidden stat.

I really like the monster promotions.

ShaggyMoose
03-16-2010, 10:14 PM
Awesome new patch. Lot of content with this one. A question, though. With these new unknown gates, I enter one and it takes me to a gate on a random floor. Is it possible for me to return to the unknown gate's location and take it to another random destination, or it it used up? If it's the former, I worry this could be a very exploitable way to find all the gates early.
IIRC, it remains there, but takes you back to the same place each time.

L337GTIMKV
03-17-2010, 04:50 AM
Wow Shadow.. You never cease to amaze me with your responsiveness and your ability to code at the speed of light!

Man I wish all game companies had devs like you!

Shadow
03-17-2010, 09:35 AM
Oh. I didn't think it was obvious that it does. I know I don't expect any increases with small armor amounts and items with, say, 3% increase. But I've had some items with 50% increase and didn't notice. I'll break out the calculator next time. :) How do they work? Are the % numbers added together then applied in aggregate? Or does each % only affect it's own item?

Also, is there a difference between "% Armor" and "% Armor Bonus"? I've seen both.

Except on a couple skills any armor bonus only applies to the item in question and it's already included in the displayed armor value.

So these 2 items are worth exactly the same:
8 armor, +33% armor
8 armor, +100% armor

The only difference is that the base armor of the first one was 6 and the second one was 4.

Valgor
03-17-2010, 10:49 AM
Yes! Ice is slippery again! :D

On a different note, I've now seen spiders being able to jump right through closed doors.

Also, I think the main offender for all those fire-related slowdowns are burning objects that set fire to themselves repeatedly, spawning one fire after the other in the same place until they're destroyed. Maybe restricing the number of additional fires a single fire can spawn would help alleviate this problem.

Shadow
03-17-2010, 11:12 AM
On a different note, I've now seen spiders being able to jump right through closed doors.

Also, I think the main offender for all those fire-related slowdowns are burning objects that set fire to themselves repeatedly, spawning one fire after the other in the same place until they're destroyed. Maybe restricing the number of additional fires a single fire can spawn would help alleviate this problem.

Spiders have been able to do that for a while. I'm actually not sure what I can do about it. They are supposed to be able to jump over objects like other monsters. The code can't distinguish between an object like a door and a monster though.

That might work for fires. I need a way that they can spread and stack a little bit, but not over do it.

Fosse
03-17-2010, 11:15 AM
Except on a couple skills any armor bonus only applies to the item in question and it's already included in the displayed armor value.

So these 2 items are worth exactly the same:
8 armor, +33% armor
8 armor, +100% armor

The only difference is that the base armor of the first one was 6 and the second one was 4.

Wow. Got it. For what it's worth, that was completely unclear to me. I figured it was like Attack bonuses and so on. Understanding it now makes things way easier to wrap my head around.

Thanks for dispelling my ignorance. :)

Cadfan
03-17-2010, 01:28 PM
I've been playing a Druid a bit.

Could we get the stone skin texture to not cover weapons? If you're a druid, chances are that you're going to be playing with that texture active almost 100% of the time. It makes you look kind of boring when its a permanent effect, so maybe this would live things up a little?

On a similar note, does that skill need a 5 minute recharge time? It has a 5 minute duration. Giving it a 5 minute recharge means two things. First, if you die you can't recast it until the full 5 minutes are up, so you're weaker for a time. Second, you have to wait for it to completely fade instead of recasting it just before it runs out. Think it would be a little easier on the player if it worked more like Fire Shield?

Right now my character is using Stealth + Earthquake for high area of effect damage (earthquake is physical, stealth boosts physical...). I kill myself constantly from rockfalls, but I guess I asked for it. I'll also be sure whether stealth is actually modifying earthquake. I'm not 100% sure on that, but I'll know better once I have enough ranks to see a visible difference.

Greyhead
03-17-2010, 05:28 PM
I was laughing my head off when I started a town where most of the people had been shrunk. :D The only annoying part was that the Apothecary handed out a quest for every single person that had been shrunk.

Arlow
03-17-2010, 10:02 PM
Alone in the house atm, so the sound is louder than normal. Opened a chest with a ball lighning trap attached. This made me shriek like a child and jump so that my knee hit the underside of my desk - game is dangerous

Back to the fun now

dnuggs40
03-18-2010, 01:37 PM
Awesome...I was just coming to post how much fun I had with .909 and already there's a new patch. Some of the new additions for this patch sounds really fantastic too.

Great job guys, very happy with this game :)

Cadfan
03-18-2010, 06:00 PM
I have a staff with a flame effect on it. I also have the Stalker form. When I use the Stalker form, the graphic for the staff's fire doesn't go away. Instead it ends up sort of located inside of the model of my character. It makes me look like the base of my tail is on fire.

Shadow
03-19-2010, 10:44 AM
I have a staff with a flame effect on it. I also have the Stalker form. When I use the Stalker form, the graphic for the staff's fire doesn't go away. Instead it ends up sort of located inside of the model of my character. It makes me look like the base of my tail is on fire.

This is a bad thing? :)

tkirby2003
03-19-2010, 02:34 PM
I noticed a couple of issues on weapon stat display. The price keeps going up when you switch weapons out. It doesn't seem to sell for the elevated price tho. Also I was swapping out two daggers and they both showed a +753% deep wounds. Here are some screenshots for the daggers. I also had to turn the power off on the pc after saving and quitting. It just went to a black screen and locked up.

Thanks,

Terry

[img=http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/301/ss0005.th.png] (http://img443.imageshack.us/i/ss0005.png/)
[img=http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/2346/ss0004.th.png] (http://img80.imageshack.us/i/ss0004.png/)

FloodSpectre
03-21-2010, 12:12 PM
I ran into my first Enchanter in about 25 towns yesterday and was disappointed to find he had no enchantments in stock. Considering the rarity of Enchanters in the first place, could we get a guarantee of at least one spell for sale?

One minor cosmetic issue: I think the Assassin Hood should show up a dark gray when equipped. It looks a little odd as a yellow cap.

Another really minor issue. When you highlight a stat you get a popup where your Base stat is listed in white and your Current stat is in blue. If you move your mouse cursor too far to the left or right (not sure which it was at the moment) the Current stat changes to white instead of blue.

FloodSpectre
03-21-2010, 10:41 PM
The dimming effect of the background when you finish a town is still in 4:3 when in widescreen resolutions. It seems to be fine when you bring up the escape menu though.

FloodSpectre
03-23-2010, 09:16 PM
I had another weird Recon Totem today. Unlike my last one that apparently killed someone's sister, this one managed to build an evil altar to curse the area. Recon Totems are pretty crafty for being inanimate. A lot of time to plot and scheme when you don't need to move I guess. :D

I was also wondering, other than cursing everyone slowly, does an evil altar also cause more items to be cursed like the Cursed world modifier?

Shadow
03-23-2010, 10:00 PM
I was also wondering, other than cursing everyone slowly, does an evil altar also cause more items to be cursed like the Cursed world modifier?

The cursed altar does add the cursed world modifier.

FloodSpectre
03-24-2010, 11:08 PM
I was smashing barrels and noticed after every barrel the icon letting me know the Critical Strike skill was usable again would show up, despite having not scored any crits at all. Not sure if this is a bug or if I'm missing something here.

Also, I had just finished a town and decided to take care of some optional quests on a much higher level of the dungeon. I went there and found Flatworms here and there and was able to pick them up despite not having taken a quest to do so. When I got back to town I couldn't find anyone to turn the quest in to even though I had apparently gathered the required number of them.

Cadfan
03-25-2010, 12:20 AM
I've had totems for dark elves or orcs show up on levels that didn't have any dark elves or orcs.