PDA

View Full Version : First Impressions of the game.

Thor
03-17-2010, 02:28 PM
I just got this game yesterday and I am impressed! I have always hated the static nature of RPG quests. The evolving dungeon system really gives the game a sense of urgency. I was impressed when the big bad at the bottom of the dungeon started spawning bosses on higher levels and sending assassins to attack the town.

I am definitely happy with my purchase, but there were a couple problems I noticed.

I only got the you saved this town message one time in three. The first game I just ran out of quests. The 2nd game I finished all the quests from in town. All I had left was a Giant Leprechaun, who I had killed on level 3 :confused:, kept appearing on level 5 and telling me to go kill skeleton. I did his kill the skeleton quest 4 times before quitting the world.

The skill trees I tried (Wizard, Weapons-master/Paladin) looked pretty solid, except for the paladins healing skill. It is much much weaker than even the cheapest food source and costs 6 points. Does it get better at higher levels?

Shadow
03-19-2010, 02:42 PM
First, welcome to the forums Thor.

You are supposed to win the town when you finish all of the quests. Either there is a temporary hidden quest or a bug. I could use your save game to track down issues if you still have a world like that.

I'll look at the paladin's healing spell. I assume you mean regeneration.

dnuggs40
03-19-2010, 02:46 PM
Just to chime in on the paladin healing skill, I pretty much agree. I won't go as far as calling it useless because in conjunction with eating the regen is quite nice. But on it's own it seems pretty weak and considering the amount of skill points you have to put into it might be on the weak side.

I think I have taken it up as high as level 4 or 5, if that helps at all. I am level 14 weapon master/paladin and have invested the majority of earned skill points into it.

tkirby2003
03-19-2010, 02:46 PM
I had a named skeleton kept asking me to kill certain monsters. Eventually after killing so many he said the town made peace with the skeletons or something along that line. I can't remember how many times I had to kill for him tho.

Terry