PDA

View Full Version : Cursed spell on weapon?

ShaggyMoose
03-18-2010, 12:14 AM
What does it signify, if anything, when a weapon spell is shown as cursed?

PixelLord
03-18-2010, 01:14 AM
Seems to me that usually some attribute goes negative on that weapon i.e. negative 4 in strength or negative dexterity. You lose some points (shown in yellow?) in some attribute(s) if you use that weapon. But it might have a high value of something you want, so it's kind of a trade off sometimes. Your thumbnailed weapon has a chance that you will slow down after striking something with it.

ShaggyMoose
03-18-2010, 07:28 PM
Normally cursed weapons will show as minus some attribute as you say. I also understand the "spell on strike" part. What I don't understand is why it specifically has the (Cursed) attribute as part of the spell. What affect does this have compared to such a spell without that attribute? If there is no effect, it would be best just to remove the word...

Cadfan
03-18-2010, 08:16 PM
Have you used the weapon? Maybe it slows you instead of the monster.

FloodSpectre
03-18-2010, 08:50 PM
That seems odd too though. I've seen items that cast "Self Fear" which I imagine causes fear on your character, so why wouldn't it just be "Self Slow"?

Valgor
03-19-2010, 06:52 AM
I guess the reason is there's two variants of Slow, one that's cast on enemies, and one that's cast on yourself, but the game doesn't use different names for these and marks one of them as a curse instead.

Shadow
03-19-2010, 10:51 AM
Cursed on procs basically means the spell will be cast the opposite direction than you would like, so in the case of slow it will be cast on you instead of the monster.

ShaggyMoose
03-19-2010, 06:22 PM
Ok. If that is not already mentioned in the manual, you might want to add it. Its not immediately obvious, at least to me...