PDA

View Full Version : Procs on items can stop working at times, not sure why..

L337GTIMKV
03-18-2010, 07:48 AM
Ok, here are the items I have that "proc":

Chest) 3.2% level 2 petrify on hit.
Boots) 8.9% level 3 haste on hit.
Belt) 8.9% level 4 haste on hit.
legs) 3.5% level 4 fury on hit.

For whatever reason, the above items simply stopped working.. So I created a new world with lower level monsters to test..

I went into the dungeon and let some monsters pound on me for around 5 minutes.. Not ONE item proc'd the entire time...

More than a little annoyed at this point, I removed all but one of the items (The boots as I recall..) and low and behold.. I started to get the haste effect immediately upon removing the other items!

So I started to add items one by one again to see if I can get them to "break" again, and for some odd reason they continued to work normally even after adding all of them.

I will continue to test to see if I can figure out what/why proc'ing gear breaks to begin with.. But in the meantime, maybe this is something that can be investigated?

I think one thing that would help is if it were alittle more apparent when certain proc's go off.. (Like a floaty text indicator or something similar..)

EDIT: I just found a rather bad bug.. When my haste and/or fury proc go off, it "interupts" me if I'm attacking at the time.. Meaning my toon will just stop attacking kinda like I was hit with a stunning blow (I wasn't..) This is a major bug, and has led to me almost dying on multiple occassions as it resets my timers for my attacks as well. =(

Shadow
03-18-2010, 10:59 AM
Can you post your character or email it to me so I can check it out.

Remember those lower level monsters are going to hit you a lot less so they won't trigger procs off nearly as much as higher level monsters.

L337GTIMKV
03-18-2010, 05:16 PM
I would but can't for the life of me find where the game puts save files or the exports I did..

Shadow
03-18-2010, 05:18 PM
Depends on your OS:

Vista/Win7 - C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Local\DinsCurse\User
XP - C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR USER NAME\Local Settings\Application Data\DinsCurse\User
Mac - /Users/YOUR USER NAME/Library/Application Support/DinsCurse/User

L337GTIMKV
03-18-2010, 05:37 PM
OK here he is.. although I think some of his items have changed since the testing.. I don't think the proc'ing items were changed however..

You might notice that the set chest piece has some odd stats on it.. That is because I got sick and tired of the boring loot after VR items and changed the number of magic properties they get (2 for Set, 3 for Purple, and 5 for blue..)

I cannot express properly how much more entertaining that SIMPLE change made the loot..

Btw, where are the mage-specific mods? I refuse to even start a mage cuz of the cruddy itemization they have. =(