PDA

View Full Version : A question and a suggestion

dnuggs40
03-18-2010, 01:42 PM
Question - So I usually finish the town at around level 5 or so (finished like 7 towns now), but almost every dungeon goes much deeper than that. What is the purpose here? Do later towns finish deeper in the dungeon? Is there a reason after finishing a town to delve deeper anyways?

Suggestion - I know this is a "hardcore" game so I won't even mention respecing :p One thing that would be nice though is an "undo" button on the skill/attribute page. Once you exited the screen it would be permanent, however, if you made a careless mistake (miss-click) you could reverse out of it (I did it last night). If it's already there I apologize, I didn't see it.

FloodSpectre
03-18-2010, 01:51 PM
You can actually buy back points spent on skills at a cost that seems to be about 4x the money it cost to purchase that point in the first place. On the left side of any skill you currently have points in there should be a button with a subtract symbol (-). I've used it to respec weapon masteries a few times now.

transigent8
03-18-2010, 01:54 PM
Question - So I usually finish the town at around level 5 or so (finished like 7 towns now), but almost every dungeon goes much deeper than that. What is the purpose here? Do later towns finish deeper in the dungeon? Is there a reason after finishing a town to delve deeper anyways?

Suggestion - I know this is a "hardcore" game so I won't even mention respecing :p One thing that would be nice though is an "undo" button on the skill/attribute page. Once you exited the screen it would be permanent, however, if you made a careless mistake (miss-click) you could reverse out of it (I did it last night). If it's already there I apologize, I didn't see it.

A) Sometimes there are optional quests that you haven't finished, but other than that, there's no reason to stick around and explore the rest of the dungeon levels.

B) No undo on attributes but you can "buy back" skill pts. Which is to say that if you made a mistake you can literally use money to get back the skill points used to get that skill. You don't get back money you used to get the skill in the first place so that's a double whammy on your pocketbook. So think before you click. :p

dnuggs40
03-18-2010, 01:56 PM
Ah I didn't see they "buy back" option...I'll look a little closer next time I play. Is it on the UI or do I talk to some NPC?

Either way, that works fine imo. Personally I'd rather have an "undo" button for a temporary opportunity to fix miss-clicks, but if I can at least fix that mistake (albeit at a cost) I guess that works out ok.

Thanks for the answers.

transigent8
03-18-2010, 03:56 PM
Oh yeah, instead of the plus you do the minus sign. That's the buy back we were talking about.

Shadow
03-18-2010, 05:34 PM
To answer the question, the dungeons are bigger than necessary so there is room for quest growth.

dnuggs40
03-19-2010, 09:47 AM
So I looked last night and did see the buy back for skills, though not for attributes. So I take it there's nothing for attributes? I don't really care about a buy back for them (I'm ok with permanent decisions)...however...like I mentioned before an undo button while you are still in the screen would be extremely helpful. Titan Quest has a good example of what I am talking about.