PDA

View Full Version : town attack feature

kattlecutter
03-19-2010, 08:55 AM
I am enjoying the game but have some issues with the town attack feature. Sometimes when the game decides to have the town attacked, it does so constantly, one after the other. The problem arises when the town is attacked, and I am not near a gate. Several times, the game has ended within seconds, (not sure exactly how long, it seemed quite short), while I am still trying to get to a gate to get back. Also a few times I have been transported, or fallen to another level, have no idea where I am, am fighting to stay alive, and the town is being attacked, and wiped out, before I can do anything. I know the game now provides a one time instant return, but this is usually not enough, because the town is getting attacked one after the other. This wouldn't be so bad with the transport stone like in DOP, but without it can sometimes get quite annoying. Also, several times I have finished all quests, but the town is not saved. I assume there is another quest to do, but no one has one. It gets boring sometimes waiting around for another quest so you can save the town.

Arlow
03-19-2010, 10:05 AM
One time I thought I'd completed all quests and town wasn't saved but then noticed one or two of the townspeople out towards an edge of the map had quests. I think not allways being able to win is part of the randomness-fun of the game, and makes it even more satisfying (is that spelled right?) when you do. I confess, I had a couple hard town's in a row, so choose slow pace-starting monster level all the way at the bottom for the next one so my champ could run around and rebuild his self esteem :)

Shadow
03-19-2010, 11:27 AM
Also, several times I have finished all quests, but the town is not saved. I assume there is another quest to do, but no one has one. It gets boring sometimes waiting around for another quest so you can save the town.

This might be a bug. If you still have a game like this the save game for it would be very useful to me to track the problem down.