PDA

View Full Version : Weapon Dropped on the ground. Bye-bye weapon..

TheRani
03-20-2010, 02:26 AM
I just finished a town with my rogue, and she looted her chest and clicked the little crown icon to move on. Din is like, "Well done mortal." And the game is all like, "yay you got a prize. Your weapon dropped on the ground." But at this point my only available option is to move on. Since I clicked the crown already and I'm looking at Din's little text window that lets me move on, there's no way I can ever pick it up, whatever it was. Apparently the clicking of the crown must have leveled up my rep or something? But that's kind of an inconvenient time to be getting your rep leveled up..

ShaggyMoose
03-20-2010, 11:27 AM
I will be the first to say "ouch".

transigent8
03-20-2010, 12:55 PM
As far as I know, all reputation level increase rewards go directly to your pack. Only the vendor quest rewards ever drop on the ground. Unless maybe your pack is full? :confused:

TheRani
03-20-2010, 08:42 PM
As far as I know, all reputation level increase rewards go directly to your pack. Only the vendor quest rewards ever drop on the ground. Unless maybe your pack is full? :confused:

Her pack was empty except for some food and water and a skeleton key. When I had clicked the crown, I saw a message on screen indicating that my reward had dropped on the ground, accompanied by a cute little, "Clunk!" noise, the one that plays when something falls on the ground.

She had tons of space. When I created a new town for her, after it loaded I looked in her pack, nothing but the food, water, and skeleton key. No rewards in there.

timeh
03-21-2010, 12:05 PM
are you trying to say you changed towns at the same time as the item dropped?

it tells you what the item is if it's a rep reward, and it doesn't say dropped on the ground... you can get items for quests which either drop on the ground or become available in the store, but the ones that drop on the floor are generally pretty worthless

i don't think you were missing out on anything special, just bad timing

TheRani
03-21-2010, 01:02 PM
When I clicked the crown, and it opened Din's little "Well Done Mortal! You saved another town!" box, there also appeared words on the screen that said something about "..your weapon dropped on the ground", accompanied by the little "clunk" noise that happens when something drops on the ground. If it wasn't a rep reward, then I'm not sure what that was all about, or why I would have received a reward at that point anyway. Unless it was a delayed reaction from the last quest completion that I'd turned in? If that were the case, then surely it would have dropped and played the "clunk" noise and displayed the message at some point before or during the time I was looting my reward chest, wouldn't you think? Why would it wait until I clicked the crown?

Shadow
03-22-2010, 11:30 AM
I'll look into this, but off hand I'm not sure what it was. There shouldn't be anything that really happens when you click the win icon except for transferring to the new town.