PDA

View Full Version : Request from a fan: auto attack

udm
03-20-2010, 03:59 PM
I played the Din's Quest demo so far, and I have no complaints whatsoever, aside from a quirk I have with the combat: you have to focus your mouse on whoever you're attacking, and keep tapping the Attack icon or left clicking in order to attack repeatedly; whereas in Depths of Peril, you only have to click on the enemy once and you attack repeatedly.

Is it possible to have an option(s) where:

- Clicking once on the enemy will continually attack it without having to keep tapping '1' or left click

- If your mouse cursor accidentally highlights over another enemy, pressing any of the attack skills will not cause you to attack that enemy, but instead attack the one you're currently brutalizing; if you want to change targets, you'll need to right or left click other enemies

It's just a little quirk I have. I liked the system better in DoP, as it was more intuitive. You get to concentrate on the enemy you're killing, instead of accidentally attacking another enemy unintentionally.

Other than that, I don't think words can express the amount of praise I have for the emergent gameplay. Or at least, the amount of praise that a maxed level 5 allows me to have. :p

PixelLord
03-20-2010, 07:35 PM
- Clicking once on the enemy will continually attack it without having to keep tapping '1' or left click.

If you attack a monster and just hold down the left mouse button, I believe that the attack will continue until that monster is dead. But then you must click on another monster to begin attacking it. For me it's easier to click a lot when I'm in a fight with several monsters (or use the whirlwind skill which kicks a$$!). :)

udm
03-21-2010, 01:17 AM
Thanks for the tip Stephen. It's helpful whenever I'm concentrating in a fight with a boss or a gate while being surrounded by his minions.

But it'd still be nice if your character doesn't start running to whichever monster you accidentally highlighted your cursor over everytime you use a specific skill. Hopefully Steven will look into this.

Other than that, I really have no other complaints about the game...at least, not yet lol. But I'm loving it so far.

Trelow
03-21-2010, 09:58 AM
If it's added, I'd ask for the option to disable it. I'm not a fan of the feature.

Valgor
03-21-2010, 10:39 AM
I too think it should be brought back, at least for those who want to play with it enabled. It's what made playing Depths of Peril so much less hectic.

udm
03-21-2010, 10:51 AM
If it's added, I'd ask for the option to disable it. I'm not a fan of the feature.

Yup I can see the benefits of having the current system as well, even tho for me, I'd prefer to have it as it was in DoP. So an option to choose either would be great for both parties.

timeh
03-21-2010, 12:16 PM
use mouse for moving, hit E to target a new enemy in melee range and keep Attack on 1 (edit: you can hold it down the whole time, and tap E to change targets) works pretty well

ecliptic
03-22-2010, 03:12 AM
I would also really appreciate this option. Holding down the mouse button is repetetive, and clicking repeatedly also is. I know the purists won't like it, but there's no reason it couldn't be made into a toggle in the configuration.

Divine Divinity also allowed you to use alt to automatically move the mouse cursor over the nearest enemy. Really handy. I wouldn't mind something like that either (obviously it'd have to be mapped elsewhere, or hell, I'd be fine with leaving it unbound initially, as long as it's there).