PDA

View Full Version : LAN Game

Redgrinde
11-28-2012, 05:16 PM
Just wanted to toss out my LAN Experience...

On Thanksgiving we had a two, four, then six player game going. This was with the 9.31 patch.

We had a lot of delay logging in anytime the game was already in play, this was an issue mostly in trying to get the four player game going as not everyone was up and ready at the same time. We probably did 3 or 4 players for 4 or 5 hours.

2 Player was at least as long as the 4 player game maybe 6 hours tops... No real issues getting 2 players connected, unless one had been going for a while when the second player wanted to join, in that case it could still take quite a while to login.

The six player game was organized a bit better than the four and we were able to get all players in the game in just a few minutes, we did this by logging in one at a time immediately after the game was created while the player on the host machine sat idle. We played with 6 for another 3 hours or so. I don't think we had a single crash all day, except when canceling out of a long login delay.

Other than the delay in logging in there was very little to complain about. we had visual stuttering on two machines, but the others all seemed fine. My guess is we needed to update some drivers but no one wanted to stop playing long enough to update anything (which is saying something).

I have to say the 6 player game was by far the most fun I've had playing Drox. Its a blast to hit a well defended world or swarm of ships with a big group of allied ships. We played with everyone in an open basement so there was plenty of shouting for help and cursing when something went wrong. Gotta love LAN play...

I could continue to babble on but I think I should be done.

So that's it, good game lots of fun. Can't wait to see how the final product turns out.

Smakx
11-28-2012, 11:38 PM
Thanks for writing up this account and relaying the connection tips that you discovered. I have played about 20 levels in and I'm loving the game. I need to try to get some friends into it because it sounds like multiplayer is a blast. Going against a hostile planet with an armada of Drox would be really awesome!