PDA

View Full Version : Crash when generating new town

ecliptic
03-22-2010, 03:26 AM
I had finished my second town with a burly fellow by the name of Eugene. I decided I'd finish up my optional quests and do some leisurely exploring of the dungeon, seeing as I had not touched a handful of the floors.

A few quests later, I've rescued some folk, and putzed around the completed world for a bit. I'm in the dungeon, don't feel like hiking back to the gate in that level, and click the crown. Using the default options for the next world, I click to create/play the new world (I think the monster level was 8 or 10 or something).

*boom* Crash to desktop as soon as I confirm the world creation screen.

I just reloaded the game, and as soon as I clicked play, it gave me the same congratulations, this world has been saved screen, but this time it created the world without incident.

I contemplated not playing again in case there was some temporary diagnostic information I could retrieve, but I wanted to play more and got impatient. :)

Edit: Version is 0.910.

ecliptic
03-22-2010, 03:33 AM
Oh, of course now I find where the save games are after I restarted. Doh. Stupid windows 7 permissions compatibility. I miss when games just saved everything to a subdirectory of their installed folder :(

For any other XP user that needs to know, it's your analogue of C:\Documents and Settings\[UserName]\Local Settings\Application Data\DinsCurse\User

timeh
03-22-2010, 10:50 AM
i think instead of asking if you should post your save, you should just go ahead and do it

saves everyone time, and gets the problem looked at quicker..