PDA

View Full Version : Drox Operative released

Shadow
11-29-2012, 01:19 PM
Drox Operative is now available! What are you waiting for? Go purchase Drox Operative (http://www.soldak.com/Drox-Operative/Buy.html) now! If you must, you can also try out the demo (http://www.soldak.com/Drox-Operative/demo.html).

floccipocci
11-29-2012, 02:25 PM
Hope it does well!

Valgor
11-29-2012, 02:39 PM
Congratulations on the release of your fourth game, and sixth product!

Zillion
11-29-2012, 02:57 PM
Yes, congrats! Another awesome game-notch in your belt :cool:

kosch
11-29-2012, 03:13 PM
How do we upgrade our beta copy, do we just download the 1.00 patch?

Kordanor
11-29-2012, 03:54 PM
Great news!

Any word on a release on steam? Or whether buyers from the soldak hp will get steam keys once there is a steam release?

Castruccio
11-29-2012, 04:15 PM
Congrats Shadow. Another great title worthy of the Soldak brand.

abomination5
11-29-2012, 04:36 PM
Congratulations. How are you celebrating?

Shadow
11-29-2012, 05:35 PM
How do we upgrade our beta copy, do we just download the 1.00 patch?

Patching with the 1.000 patch is the easiest way.

Any word on a release on steam? Or whether buyers from the soldak hp will get steam keys once there is a steam release?

I have contacted Steam, but I haven't heard anything yet. As usual we will try our hardest to get on Steam one way or another. We'll go through Greenlight if necessary. If it is up to us, I'm pretty sure we will give Steam keys to those that buy our version.

Congratulations. How are you celebrating?

That I don't know. :)

Smakx
11-29-2012, 10:40 PM
Congratulations! You have crafted a masterpiece destined to be a classic. Drox Operative gets my vote for game of the year. Thanks for making this game. I hope it does well and is followed by expansions and/or sequels.

ScrObot
11-29-2012, 11:47 PM
The game has released all of 10 hours but somehow I have already played 80 hours. ;) Congrats on going gold!

Fractal Spice Merchant
11-30-2012, 12:17 AM
Best Soldak game yet. An instant classic in my opinion.

Anskier
11-30-2012, 02:48 AM
Congratulations on getting released

I have enjoyed the game alot since I got it

caldazar
11-30-2012, 10:10 AM
Congratulations on the release!

Kruztee
11-30-2012, 11:41 AM
Congratulations Soldak!

Wow, all the beta patch changes must have been just as much work as the original coding. Just amazing the way you guys listen to feedback and incorporate ideas without ever losing direction or compromising on quality. You've really set the bar high, in my opinion, on the way that beta testing should be conducted.

Not my favourite Soldak game by a long shot, but still a good bit of fun in it's own right, and a fresh take on the space game theme. At the very least it's unique!

Now pop those champagne corks! (and then get back to work on some DLC (or even better Depths of Peril 2)).

weelillad
12-01-2012, 04:28 AM
I'll like to add my congratulations. It's a great game, and the beta process has been great as well. It's like watching a kid grow up. *sniff*

spacehog
12-12-2012, 12:30 PM
I didn't have much time to play Drox Operative during the beta due to academic pursuits, but the official release coincided quite nicely with the end of final exams for me. The game turned out really f*cking well. Thanks to Soldak for another brilliant game well worth the money! And props to the devoted beta testers who undoubtedly shaped the way the game plays today.

The game achieves a perfect balance between depth (it's hard to win without taking the time to figure out what's going on in the ever-changing galaxies) and casual gameplay. I can either lose myself for an entire afternoon, or I can hop on and play for thirty minutes at a time. That's the sign of a masterpiece, in my opinion.