PDA

View Full Version : Factions

udm
03-22-2010, 02:01 PM
I love the rivalling factions. However, so far I've only noticed the undead vs living. Are there any other rival factions in the game?

Cadfan
03-22-2010, 02:16 PM
Monster races get in wars pretty frequently. These are temporary though.

Shadow
03-23-2010, 10:02 AM
There are a bunch of factions that don't like each other.

Skeletons/Zombies vs living (when not controlled)
Orc vs Torva
Ragnar vs Hellhound
Fury vs Wisp/Lightning Elemental
Chaos Lords vs lots of things
Imps vs other Imp types

udm
03-23-2010, 01:30 PM
It seems that if you help some of the factions in certain quests, like helping them kill monsters that they hate, they will actually be neutral with your town. Will they ever ally with you though? Just thought that it'd be pretty neat if you can fight alongside them, or even participate in "talks" with monster faction bosses in the same fashion as such quests you receive (when you have to stop a meeting of 2 bosses from taking place). I also thought it might seem more congruent if factions who really hate a certain species, enough to send you on quests to kill them, have more Hate towards them than towards you i.e. their top priority is to kill those monsters whom they really hate, instead of you.

Viliki
03-23-2010, 05:26 PM
I get once a quest and it's a monster that closed the quest and gave me the reward. Or did I got a weird bug? Or just didn't notice well something?

FloodSpectre
03-23-2010, 06:44 PM
I'm kind of surprised the Dark Elves don't have any natural enemies in the dungeon. What's with the Orcs and Torva fighting, anyways? Aren't they related somehow?

Shadow
03-23-2010, 09:58 PM
udm: You can't really ever ally with a monster race (although it would be cool).

Viliki: There are monsters that hand out some quests.

FloodSpectre: I'm not sure why we don't have the dark elves hate anyone. The orcs and torvas were essentially one race at one point in time but had a very bloody split and now hate each other.

udm
03-23-2010, 10:50 PM
Thanks Steven. Will it be possible to create such a mod though? :)

Shadow
03-24-2010, 09:43 AM
Thanks Steven. Will it be possible to create such a mod though? :)

Unfortunately, I don't think so.