PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to have made the slower mode

Viliki
03-22-2010, 04:07 PM
I already played 4 towns with 3 characters, 2 with the demo and 1 for 2 towns with the beta after preorder. The quests and monsters behaviors dynamics is definitely the great point of the game and quite unique from my gaming experience.

But the flow of quests is just too much for me until I tried the slow mode and started use intensively the pause like for shops, manage inventory, even check quests. Then I really started enjoy the game.

Fosse
03-22-2010, 05:26 PM
intensively the pause like for shops, manage inventory, even check quests. Then I really started enjoy the game.

Agreed. I'll restate my request to have NPC interactions automatically pause the game the same way that the Character and Skill screens do. Autopausing inventory wouldn't do -- given the mechanics involved in identifying magic items.

But because the optimal move is to pause during all NPC conversations, it would be a great UI improvement and hassle eliminator to have the game simply do that.

(Alternatively, you could disallow pausing during conversations and thus eliminate the tedium of pausing in dialogue windows being optimal. But this would seem to be a much worse solution, as at no other time is the pause button reasonably disabled.)

Maruk
03-22-2010, 06:26 PM
Agreed !

An automatic pause would be great, when consulting any NPC caracter.

In solo mode, of course ^^

timeh
03-23-2010, 11:16 AM
i play lan/online games exclusively (even alone) so the game DOESN'T pause on me, especially when i'm trying to view the map and move at the same time... it doesn't bother me that i need to quit if i want to afk and not lose the town

but i can see why the feature has appeal... you should be able to pause the game *whenever you like*, and have the *option* for autopausing during certain events (dialogue, map, inventory, etc)

Viliki
03-23-2010, 04:19 PM
Hey, I disagree with all those multiplayer fans, do not remove the pause it is great.

I'm currently playing a Ranger and I surprised me myself use a play with many quick pauses and ton of sliding, very fun, a bit cheating and making easier the action but fun.

Well the surprising part is less the pause you could mix dynamically to the action but the slipping which is amazingly fun. The 3D animation aren't here but I do not care, that's a great feature.

In fact playing a rogue I already noticed the slipping when entering in stealth mode but with the long range it gets all its spice by running and shooting an slipping.

To come back to the pauses, I would not mind so much that you could not pause when in a shop or other but not in this game where time is a key.