PDA

View Full Version : Simple Feature Request

Cadfan
03-23-2010, 01:56 PM
When you find an unknown portal, can it be marked on the map?

Once you've used an unknown portal, can you switch its noise from the "unactivated portal" sound to the "activated portal" sound?

Once you've used an unknown portal, can you change its name to something like "Wild Portal to Level X"? So that way we can remember where they all go? They get especially confusing when you find a teleport room filled with them.

ShaggyMoose
03-23-2010, 07:53 PM
This is a great request, especially the last. I have also had issues when I find a room with three of these and have to test each of them every time I visit it...

transigent8
03-23-2010, 09:03 PM
I just ran into these Teleporter rooms you speak of today and adventurer stickies for what portal goes where would be majorly helpful in keeping our stalwart Cursed from going off into the 9th Hell when we should be going to the Happy Hunting Grounds (was that in Arvandor?).

Jude
03-24-2010, 02:44 PM
Seems like a good idea to me, too.
Jude

udm
03-24-2010, 03:20 PM
I like this idea too.

Actually, since we're on this topic, what about being able to pin down points on maps and write short notes on them? For example, there may be a vendor somewhere in a confusing dungeon, so right clicking adds a note to that point, which you can then label as 'Vendor' or something.

ecliptic
03-26-2010, 06:05 AM
I'm wondering how much effort it would be to have the features on the map move smoothly with it in the minimap. It's kind of jarring how the features only update when you move to the next tile, but the map smoothly scrolls otherwise. Purely aesthetic, but such things do make a difference to the overall perception of quality.

Shadow
03-26-2010, 09:53 AM
I'm wondering how much effort it would be to have the features on the map move smoothly with it in the minimap. It's kind of jarring how the features only update when you move to the next tile, but the map smoothly scrolls otherwise. Purely aesthetic, but such things do make a difference to the overall perception of quality.

None of it updates smoothly anymore. I think it's jarring because they update at different times though (the background and the blips).