PDA

View Full Version : Bug: invisible monsters

udm
03-24-2010, 01:10 AM
Was in Tormented Tombs Level 1, which is basically a series of long, narrow tunnels connected. Then I ran into this invisible wall, as in it's really just empty space but somehow my guy just couldn't get past that point. I could, however, hear a monster grunting beside me.

I deduced it must be some invisible monster, so I threw a flaming oil at that empty spot. Sure enough, a zombie caught fire and died. When it caught fire, it just appeared out of thin air. Could it be possible that certain monsters accidentally spawn inside walls?

TheRani
03-24-2010, 01:22 AM
There are some enemies that hide, like inside the floor, or invisible, etc. until you come along, and then when they see you they pop out of their hiding place to eat you. Stuff like those stalker bug things, and zombies, and ghosts, etc. Whenever I am stealthed, sometimes I'll run into the hiding place of one of those guys in a narrow hallway, and I won't be able to get past, because it's hiding there, but since it doesn't see me, it doesn't jump out at me. So I end up having to unstealth myself so it will jump out at me, kill it, and then restealth.

udm
03-24-2010, 06:56 AM
It had nothing to do with invisible monsters like Broods or Ghosts. It was a zombie, and it just mysteriously appeared out of thin air - not fade into appearance as ghosts or broods normally do, but just suddenly came into view. I wasn't stealthed either. It was definitely a bug.

Shadow
03-24-2010, 09:36 AM
Zombies can hide below the ground. When this happens and they see you they are supposed to crawl out of the ground and attack you. For some reason this second part didn't happen correctly.

udm
03-24-2010, 12:34 PM
Ah thanks for clarifying that part. No idea why it didn't see me, had to bomb it out of its hiding place.