PDA

View Full Version : Request: Hold Position + Stop Attack

udm
03-24-2010, 01:42 PM
I bound one of the Hold Position buttons to Spacebar for convenience, as I am playing a stealth character and sometimes I need to stop and re-think my actions. However I sometimes accidentally click on a monster, so I can't stop the attack in time. Since there are 2 "Hold Position" buttons, can one of them be changed to a Hold Position + Cease Attack type of input? It will help those of us who follow a more cautious, sneaky playstyle.

udm
03-25-2010, 12:33 PM
Yet another thought that sprang into my head while playing: I'd like to request for a button that lets the player execute attacks with or without an enemy. This will be helpful to ranged characters with, say, fire attacks. For example, I might want to melt ice on the floor, but I can't execute the attacks since I cannot target ice, unless I use a "general direction" attack such as the Fire Mage's Ice Cone

Viliki
03-25-2010, 06:52 PM
Torchlight do that for almost all stuff even many close range attacks and that's a great gameplay design choice. But yes it's even more useful for long range and mid range attacks.

To avoid a bit of abuse all attacks need have a limited range, no unlimited or very long range.

Shadow
03-26-2010, 09:59 AM
I bound one of the Hold Position buttons to Spacebar for convenience, as I am playing a stealth character and sometimes I need to stop and re-think my actions. However I sometimes accidentally click on a monster, so I can't stop the attack in time. Since there are 2 "Hold Position" buttons, can one of them be changed to a Hold Position + Cease Attack type of input? It will help those of us who follow a more cautious, sneaky playstyle.

The hold position button is meant to halt you midway if you press it down. Right now it will do this if you are just walking around but not if you are approaching to attack, use, or talk.

udm
03-26-2010, 12:08 PM
Thanks for clarifying. It'll be nice to have a Cease Attack function along with that too, since it's easy to accidentally mis-click, and it isn't really a great idea if you're not a DPS/Tank class.