PDA

View Full Version : Strange Invasion

TheRani
03-25-2010, 01:34 AM
Rani the Rogue is having a hard time with her current town invasion. She has already long since killed everything that spawned in town. There are no red dots. Nobody is being attacked. But the "Town is being invaded!" sound is still playing, and the invasion icon is still displayed. The town has been re-invaded twice since then (all the vendors are dead now except the gambler), but every time I kill everything, the invasion doesn't end. If there are any monsters left in town, I'm at a loss as to where they might be hiding. I'm attaching my save stuff.

Caal
03-25-2010, 07:21 PM
I've experienced the same thing. Was this one of the fixes in .911?

TheRani
03-31-2010, 09:31 PM
I experienced this again in the .912 build.

The town was invaded by two things simultaneously. There was a Dimensional gate summoning stuff, and a unique monster. I killed both. I can't find anymore enemies in town, but the invasion thing is still up there, and the invasion sounds are still playing. I think I have attached the game save correctly this time.

Cadfan
03-31-2010, 09:37 PM
Are you sure you completely defeated the invasion? If you take too long, the gate from a gate invasion will vanish. Several minutes later it will reappear with new monsters.

TheRani
03-31-2010, 10:15 PM
I wandered the entire town several times and didn't see anymore red dots on the minimap. When the town was invaded, I used my teleport stone so I got there really quickly, and took out the dimensional gate first, then its spawns, then I went after the unique monster. I don't see anything else.

Edit: Hey, it did reappear!

tkirby2003
04-01-2010, 12:11 AM
I had a town invasion like that. I believe it was called a coordinated invasion or something like that. I had to wait a few minutes between each attack.

TheRani
04-01-2010, 01:01 AM
I had a town invasion like that. I believe it was called a coordinated invasion or something like that. I had to wait a few minutes between each attack.

The bad thing about that is while you're in town waiting around for the badguys to come back so you can finish killing the invasion, the boss monsters in the dungeon are like, "Hey! Let's build machines!"

Shadow
04-01-2010, 10:22 AM
I'll look at the save game and make sure it is working as intended. Like Cadfan mentioned, gates can pop out for a bit here and there.