PDA

View Full Version : The "Help me Buy it" thread!

CautiousChaos
12-05-2012, 03:11 PM
Every forum has one of them. Heck, we might have one and I've just missed it (read: didn't look).

Ok, I liked Depths of Peril, love Din's Curse, skipped Kivi's. Din's curse rocks the socks because it is random, frenetic, and, to me, kind of neat to look at.

Drox looks very interesting. I like the change in scenery. Played the demo and didn't get struck by its potential. My thin observations:

- I did a lot of flying in circles
- I did a lot of flying from one planet to another
- The UI is too much like Din's Curse to me. Feels wrong. I know, it's UI.

+ Mind, I looove the 'splosions
+ And the same diplomatic involvement as Depths
+ And randomness

But, I just haven't gotten the bug yet. I know I'm missing something. Lots of you love it.

Can I be converted? :o

-cc

Professor Paul1290
12-05-2012, 05:22 PM
Does this help?

http://www.soldak.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8856

CautiousChaos
12-06-2012, 01:15 PM
Somewhat - I love how games like these give you the opportunity to craft a story around the activity. Civ games are great for that, too.

I'm good with the "concept" of Drox but not enjoying the "gameplay". It feels cumbersome. Fighting off the neutrals was fun at first, but more of a grind now. Maybe it's that my mind is attenuated to expect waves of monsters in a dungeon, but not so with space; which anyways feels like a bubble more than a vast frontier.

The diplomacy part seems fun. The questing is reasonable. Graphics are pretty good, IMO. The overall interface, coming from previous titles, is difficult to get used to in the setting of space.

I'm going to have another go at the demo, though. Always loved Soldak's games !

-cc