PDA

View Full Version : Arachnophobic (Spider free) mod

PixelLord
03-26-2010, 09:04 PM
I was so glad to see that Shadow put in an arachnophobic mod to the game. I personally hate spiders, and when you're playing this game for hours on end, I even dream about them. So a spider-free mod is now available which might even allow my wife and grandson to play without nightmares! lol

You can get the spider-free mod as the following: http://www.soldak.com/Dins-Curse/Mods.html

PixelLord
03-26-2010, 09:05 PM
And, yes, I know I'm a whimp!

udm
03-26-2010, 10:42 PM
Hey PL, there's nothing wrong with having fears. I understand the fear towards spiders, and there's nothing wimpy about that lol.

By the way thanks for pointing out the mod page. I'm going to download the Challenge mod.

Kruztee
03-27-2010, 11:40 PM
I'm totally cool with spiders.

Might wait for the mod that removes the raising rotting corpses from the grave, demonic invasions, giant poisonous turtles that spew forth insidious rampaging progeny from searing gashes in their backs, tortured lost souls that wander the twisted nether between planes of reality only to materialize long enough to engage in murderous activity, oh, and I almost forgot those creepy leprechaun dudes that sneak up on you try to steal your wallet -they really freak me out (especially their evil little voices).

But spiders - meh...

udm
03-28-2010, 12:17 AM
For some reason, the leprechauns scare me too. "Take my gooooold" Euuch...

Warfran
03-28-2010, 04:06 PM
I'm totally cool with spiders.

Might wait for the mod that removes the raising rotting corpses from the grave, demonic invasions, giant poisonous turtles that spew forth insidious rampaging progeny from searing gashes in their backs, tortured lost souls that wander the twisted nether between planes of reality only to materialize long enough to engage in murderous activity, oh, and I almost forgot those creepy leprechaun dudes that sneak up on you try to steal your wallet -they really freak me out (especially their evil little voices).

But spiders - meh...

lol, yeah with everything you just mentioned above spiders are the least of my worries.

Jude
03-29-2010, 10:00 AM
I've always liked spiders. So, I don't like having to kill them in games, though.

Delilah Rehm
03-29-2010, 10:18 AM
Luckily you don't have to kill the cute little ones. Only the big ones, and that provides a service to the species in general (more food for the smaller ones). The little scorpions on the other hand, make my skin crawl. In RL, those creepies don't have to be big to cause some serious hurt.

Jude
03-29-2010, 12:29 PM
Luckily you don't have to kill the cute little ones. Only the big ones, and that provides a service to the species in general (more food for the smaller ones). The little scorpions on the other hand, make my skin crawl. In RL, those creepies don't have to be big to cause some serious hurt.

Maybe if I lived in a place with scorpions and more poisonous spiders, I'd be more wary, but we don't have scorpions in Pennsylvania, and except in the mountains (some Black Widows), we don't really have to worry about poisonous spiders, either. I always liked watching spiders build their webs (and some of the webs are beautiful!), and they serve a purpose in keeping the insect population under control (especially in my basement!).

The only problem (other than an occasional bite) that I've have with spiders is keeping them from building webs in places they shouldn't be (like the bathtub, across gateways, and the like).

I really do not like mosquitoes, though! And hornets and wasps are to be avoided, also!

Jude

Amberjoy
03-29-2010, 04:41 PM
I, too, do not like spiders..at least most of the time. They are useful outside catching flys and things. :) However, we have a lot of nasty Black Widows around our place. Even the garden spiders can be dangerous. I was out in our back yard tending to my vegetable patch a few years ago and had left my can of cola on the table, came back to drink and discovered a spider in my mouth! It had climbed the can and went inside! Naturally I went to spit it out, nasty feel of wiggling legs - ugh!, and it bit me on the inside of my lip on the way out! Lip swelled up and had to go to hospital for shots to bring the swelling down enough so I could eat and drink water. Ever since I keep anything liquid I take outside, covered except when I'm drinking it. Even normal spider venom can be dangerous in the right circumstances. Shuddering as I write this. ICK!

Jude
03-29-2010, 04:56 PM
I'm always careful about drinks outside, especially because of bees and ants.

Valgor
03-31-2010, 01:42 PM
The tiny critters, those spiders, scorpions and bats scuttling around were actually one of the first things in the game that struck me as an incredibly awesome detail.

By the way, what about tiny ragnars standing in as rats, just to add another type of critter to the variety?

graffen69
05-08-2010, 06:10 AM
Amberjoy wrote came back to drink and discovered a spider in my mouth!'
Eewww.
Ok, i had a similair experience. It was summer and we were watching a video and drinking some lemonade with ice. I had a piece of ice in my mouth for 5 min + that just wouldn´t melt. Puzzled, after awhile i spit it out in my hand only to discover it was a Earwig. Alive and crawling off!
JUCK!

Jorlen
05-08-2010, 09:42 AM
I, too, do not like spiders..at least most of the time. They are useful outside catching flys and things. :) However, we have a lot of nasty Black Widows around our place. Even the garden spiders can be dangerous. I was out in our back yard tending to my vegetable patch a few years ago and had left my can of cola on the table, came back to drink and discovered a spider in my mouth! It had climbed the can and went inside! Naturally I went to spit it out, nasty feel of wiggling legs - ugh!, and it bit me on the inside of my lip on the way out! Lip swelled up and had to go to hospital for shots to bring the swelling down enough so I could eat and drink water. Ever since I keep anything liquid I take outside, covered except when I'm drinking it. Even normal spider venom can be dangerous in the right circumstances. Shuddering as I write this. ICK!

This right here is going to help me get over my soda addiction. Argh, I can't even imagine that without cringing!

TheRani
05-08-2010, 11:33 AM
A friend of mine got out of bed one night and went to the kitchen to get a drink, and didn't want to turn on the lights and wake her husband, so she just grabbed her water cup in the dark and drank.. and started gagging. There was something in her throat. Moving. She managed to cough it up, and discovered to her horror that she had coughed up a lizard. She's still traumatized to this day, and is terrified of lizards, and never, ever, drinks anything in the dark.

graffen69
05-08-2010, 11:55 AM
TheRani wrote She managed to cough it up, and discovered to her horror that she had coughed up a lizard. She's still traumatized to this day, and is terrified of lizards, and never, ever, drinks anything in the dark.

Haha, that reminds me of another animal happening i had. Again it was summer in the middle of the night and me and my brother were sleeping upstairs at the summerhouse, windows open. I was sleeping in a sleepingbag and woke up hearing some weird noice coming from the area around my stomach. I first thaught i was just hungry and my belly making noices, but when i started to roll over to the right side, the sound got really high pitched and desperate. I realized something else was making the noise and so i rolled back to the left side. Right under my ass a bat flew off, wing kinda hurt out the window from where it came from.
I blinked. Was i still dreaming? Bats out of my ass? I shrugged, rolled over yet again and got back to sleep. :p