PDA

View Full Version : "And now because we're Drakk, you receive these ginzu knives..."

Pagnol
12-08-2012, 11:59 AM
I just purchased the game last night, and have been enjoying it thoroughly--on the lowest level, in a tiny universe, learning the ropes. TBS and TB-RPG games are usually more my style, but this is really a lot of fun, and I'm sure I'll get up to speed eventually. I like being an important-but-not-too-important element on the periphery of these empires, helping one or another outside a stiffly structured series of linear quests as some other games provide.

A couple of quick questions, if you don't mind, in the meantime:

1) Are there any race-specific traits that show up specifically in the items they sell? In other words, do the Fringe offer slightly better beam weapons, the Brunt slightly more powerful weapons, etc?

2) Do any of the races offer specials after the game start? By which I mean, do they have any unique items you can't get from anyone else?

As I haven't played far enough along in levels, I figured these might show up, later. Thought I'd check. If they don't exist, well, they might be ideas to consider. Add another layer of strategic choice in whom you choose to ally with, and why.

In advance, thanks.

Shadow
12-10-2012, 10:56 AM
The races won't offer anything unique, but their component selection is affected quite a bit. Like the Fringe will offer more beam, shields, and engine components. The Brunt will offer more weapons.

Pagnol
12-11-2012, 01:44 PM
Thanks for the response!