PDA

View Full Version : Some items that still need a little balancing (IMO)

random_rolle
12-12-2012, 12:59 PM
1. Missiles
Basically i just want the actual missiles to be faster. As it is now way too many monsters can outrun them forever. IMO only the fastests bosses should be able to do that.

2. EMP
The nerf during beta was needed, but went slightly overboard, damage at max range needs an increase to atleast 30%.

3. Freezer beam
The -26% speed and the -defense should be stackable 3 times like virus weapon.

4. Offensive Dampening Field
Needs range increase (and specified in description).

5. EMP Missile
Should be qualified as Missile weapon for bonuses (in addition to current).

Other general input.

The thurster boost consumable should be able to break the 200 speed cap just as the cloud that drains your energy can do. (maybe decrease duration to balance).

An option to turn of autotargeting of enemy missiles for non defense weapons. Its annoying launching a missle and the auto-targeting picks the missile following you isntead of nearest enemy.

An option to enable autopause when trading (with p turning it off during trade instead of on) would be swell.

Someway to see "current" stats of a weapon including all bonuses would be nice (maybe in parenthesis after the base number). This would make weaponspeed and damage enhancements much more clear on how they change your damage, atm you either have to go with the generic "dps" or manually add up for each weapon.

An option for "autofire toggle", as in pressing a hotkey will repeatedly use that weapon when its ready (and there is target if targeted) until hotkey is pressed again. Holding down button works until your target dies, then you have to release and press again to re-fire, can get annoying as hell with 4 x 0.75 weapons or so.
Currently i use my G15 keyboard for a macro that cycles 1-5 at 1s intervals, but its an ugly solution.
An autofire toggle would also help with time limted buffs which would cycle automatically.

MIssile Defense weapons needs to be removed from hotkeybar (as in never show up there) since they are now automatic.

Speaking of hotkeybar, could we get another one? please?

Pagnol
12-13-2012, 10:22 AM
1. Missiles
Basically i just want the actual missiles to be faster. As it is now way too many monsters can outrun them forever. IMO only the fastests bosses should be able to do that.

Have to say, I only use missiles as upscale mines: release them back at anything that's right on my tail. Otherwise, they're almost certain to be outpaced.

FileNotFound
12-13-2012, 10:44 AM
Missiles are also way too expensive energy wise to really be a viable way of dealing damage - maybe if they had a tiny AOE component...

random_rolle
12-13-2012, 07:28 PM
There is a missile (shock missile) that has AOE, 75 radius (compared to mines 125). But the damage on those are waaaay lower than other missiles.

And my current drakk "launcher" spec ship is around level 50 now and i cant agree more about the energy costs. ATM missiles in general arent viable as primary weapon. Unfortunatly.

wonderwhy-er
12-14-2012, 08:42 AM
I agree that by level 50 missiles are useless.
At the moment though I mostly use bombs/mines as other weapons are way less effective on that level.

random_rolle
12-14-2012, 09:12 AM
Agree, bombs & mines are very good.
Beams are quite good too if you use a macro to push the buttons for you.

Pushing 5 buttons every 0.75 seconds will get annoying fast otherwise.

Have a laserboat at level 93.
Using 4 lasers and a EM beam for the debuff. basically cycling them as fast as possible, with the energy on hit module (3 of em) energy is safe unless i start missing too much (hence the EM).

Bombs obviously are awesome as are mines.

FileNotFound
12-18-2012, 08:36 PM
I put a quick mod together to address some of the things that frustrated me.

At the very least the faster missiles should appeal to you - feel free to not use anything else:
www.soldak.com/forums/showthread.php?p=52726

PixelLord
12-18-2012, 09:10 PM
Pushing 5 buttons every 0.75 seconds will get annoying fast otherwise.

Nah, I have six fingers on my left hand. :)

random_rolle
12-18-2012, 09:16 PM
Posted another thread with my build, level 100 now. Very fun but this game really needs autofire, without my G15 keyboard and a nifty macro i would have never had the patience to play a laser-based ship.

Roswitha
12-19-2012, 03:08 AM
Posted another thread with my build, level 100 now. Very fun but this game really needs autofire, without my G15 keyboard and a nifty macro i would have never had the patience to play a laser-based ship.

How did you do the macro?

Valgor
12-19-2012, 06:18 AM
I think his G15 is one of those programmable gamer keyboards.

random_rolle
12-19-2012, 11:21 AM
G15 has everything built in to make the macros,

My laserfire macro is basically:
press key 1 (down for 0.075 sec)
delay 0.100 sec
repeat for 2-5

bind it to a g-key with auto-repeat toggle

i've written way more complex lua scripts, but this you can just use the built in macro manager even.

Just press macro key, press the keys, then adjust the delays.

Catweazle
12-31-2012, 05:17 PM
You can use AutoHotKey (www.autohotkey.com), a free tool, to link several keys to one keystroke or mouseclick.

Example code to link the '5' key to your left mouse button

~LButton::
send 5
return

gogis
01-04-2013, 06:41 AM
You don't really need G15 for macros, there is brilliant and free utility Autohotkey

And it's not that difficult to use, here is mine devastating Tractor + tripple Railgun macro (bound to space)

space::
send 4
sleep 500
send 123

Obviously, there is alot more jumbo inside, but simple things like that works as well