PDA

View Full Version : Fighter Bays

Siaukia
12-13-2012, 01:09 AM
I thought if I have 3 slots filled up with Drone Bay x2 fighters, shouldn't it be 6 fighters instead of 2 or maybe I am mistaken.

Shadow
12-13-2012, 09:33 AM
Currently there is a limitation that if you can effectively only use multiple fighter bay components if they are a different type, like fighters and bombers. Hopefully one of these days I will fix this though.

random_rolle
12-13-2012, 07:33 PM
For those of us actually using different types, a better alternate (read: optional) fighter display would be appricated.
One that only says: "stealth figther 2/3"
for each type the current and max number.

The current display has issues. It's limited to 10 max, and its VERY hard to get a grasp of just which of your 15 fighters just died...

Also fighters/raiders etc SUCK damage wise, even when using way higher level than enemies, some help can be gained from defense debuff , like offensive dampening field (Which imo needs a increase in radius). But generally considering the unfocused nature, the micromanagement and the slow respawn possibilites of fighters atm they arent just worth a high slot compared to a bomb/laser in terms of ... well anything.

How about "automatic" bays, basically a set energy/s cost, when toggled they spawn new fighters , if needed, every x seconds.

And a huge attack boost to fighters (or let them gain stats from the player).

Also some info on actual stats on fighters would be nice.

Siaukia
12-14-2012, 01:10 AM
Currently there is a limitation that if you can effectively only use multiple fighter bay components if they are a different type, like fighters and bombers. Hopefully one of these days I will fix this though.

I would love it if you could remove such limitation, after all increasing number of bays should by right allow increase numbers of fighters. Max limit of certain fighters should be based on number of bays installed.