PDA

View Full Version : Where does Soldak go from here?

jeeplaw
12-14-2012, 05:30 AM
Loving the release after trying the beta a few times. Now that this is my new time sink :) , thoughts are turning to what you guys are doing in dev for further development or if you're working on completely new projects away from Din's Curse or Drox. Planning on other content for either game or are you pursuing something new? :cool:

pieciax
12-14-2012, 05:56 AM
I hope for expansion for drox. Maybe a direction like in Depth of Peril? To have few supporting ships in a group and have fights fleets vs fleets?

Shaemis
12-18-2012, 07:52 PM
I'm also hoping for an expansion to Drox, including a lot ideas from the community. Although, I'll also be hoping for a Depths of Peril sequel with co-op and competitive multiplayer.

PixelLord
12-18-2012, 09:01 PM
I think an expansion for Drox Operative is the next thing in the works. It's much easier for all the devs if we keep the present frame of mind for now. I'm pretty sure that space stations will play a big part. Monsters (I'm not happy calling them monsters BTW) will have space stations as bases. The major alien races will also have space stations. Major battles will result around them. There will be so many things you can add to the existing game with them included.

I'm betting that a new game of Depth of Peil will come after that. Everything will need to be upgraded big time (esp. the graphics/models). But, keep in mind that Shadow (Steven Peeler) makes all the decisions as to what will be.

jeeplaw
12-20-2012, 09:47 PM
That's great news. One of the things I love about this game is the nostalgia throw back feel to Star Flight that I used to play waaaaay back in the day (I'm 38 if that's any indicator - back when EA was really good!).

Discovering the races, running missions, influencing the outcome of relationships - that's all pure awesome..and it works well in the game. The stuff that would be even better to add would definitely be around building out the continuation or essence of you sector to sector..as you grow in power so does your fleet..or what you can attract towards you.

Also, the ability for upgrades to impact you ship hangers (some ships can have missile weaponry, some can be pure laser based, etc..)

Love the direction and will continue to support!
I think an expansion for Drox Operative is the next thing in the works. It's much easier for all the devs if we keep the present frame of mind for now. I'm pretty sure that space stations will play a big part. Monsters (I'm not happy calling them monsters BTW) will have space stations as bases. The major alien races will also have space stations. Major battles will result around them. There will be so many things you can add to the existing game with them included.

I'm betting that a new game of Depth of Peil will come after that. Everything will need to be upgraded big time (esp. the graphics/models). But, keep in mind that Shadow (Steven Peeler) makes all the decisions as to what will be.

Pagnol
12-24-2012, 02:52 PM
I'd like to see the races "feel" different. Right now, we're told they have distinctive traits, and that each planet has its economy based on a range of conditions, but the equipment you can buy is identical regardless of race, and planets don't feel that distinctive, either. Might as well be Race A, B, or C, with Planet D, E, or F: items will be alike, with a bit more money on one planet type, etc. The game tends to gray out, quickly.