PDA

View Full Version : Merging Overland Maps from DoP into Din's?

GeorgiaBoy
12-15-2012, 02:15 AM
Has anybody been able to successfully accomplish this? I have tried several times with no success. Instead of teleporting from one town to another, it would be nice to travel overland to the next town to save, finding random dungeons on the way...

GB

GeorgiaBoy
01-31-2013, 11:27 PM
Wow..I guess nobody has had any success..

GB

Xathos
03-08-2013, 04:08 PM
Has anybody been able to successfully accomplish this? I have tried several times with no success. Instead of teleporting from one town to another, it would be nice to travel overland to the next town to save, finding random dungeons on the way...

GB

Sounds like you could be missing textures assets needed to generate those maps. It would explain why it failed. On the other hand, you might need the source code to make it capable to go from town to overland map, and then, newly generated town.

kyoden
03-09-2013, 04:57 AM
One could also add some new town events like Wood Creatures etc attacking from above.

I think it would make the game more realistic overall and would add some nice options.

fab
03-31-2013, 07:28 AM
Personally I like the way DoP works where you access random dungeons from within the outdoors.

Discovering new small towns when moving between outdoor areas would be awesome.

When I first read about Din's Curse while it was in development I always imagined there was some kind of world map on which the towns appeared and you could pick a town from a few pinned on the map. That world map could be generated as well. Perhaps allowing to replay some conquered towns with the same set of modifiers?

Anyways... Depths of Peril + Dins Curse = WIN :)