PDA

View Full Version : Quick and Dirty Modding - One Sided Balance

FileNotFound
12-18-2012, 08:35 PM
So having gotten frustrated with Bounty Hunters, slow missiles, shields that never seem to recharge and reactors that are just never putting out enough power...

I put together this quick mod. Frankly due to the very limited balancing effort - it does make the game much easier but not too easy. You'll still die, just less suddenly. Feel free to tweak the values as you see fit.

Changes:
Bounty Hunters Nerfed.
Missiles - Faster and cheaper to fire.
Beams - Cheaper to fire.
Mass Drivers - Cheaper to fire, Faster.

Shields - 3xFaster recharge.
Reactors -Slightly More Power

AntiMissile Defense - Faster to catch faster missiles.

To install:
Create "Database" folder in the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Drox Operative\Assets\" folder.
Inside the Database folder create a text file: QuickMod.gdb

Cope the following into the file:
MordMod_BaseProjMissile overrides BaseProjMissile
{
Base BaseProj

Speed 550.0
TurnSpeed 360.0

LightColor "1.0 1.0 0.7"
LightIntensity 30.0

UseParentDirection 1

HealthBase 1.5
HealthPerLevel 1.5

Life 10.0

CanAttack 1
HealthBase 2.0
HealthPerLevel 2.0

Name $$Missile$$
}

MordMod_BaseSkillMissilePerLevel overrides BaseSkillMissilePerLevel
{
Base BaseSkillPerLevel

ProjMinDamage 2.4
ProjMaxDamage 7.2

Power 1.5
}

MordMod_BaseSkillMissile overrides BaseSkillMissile
{
Base BaseSkillOffense

Power 10.0

ReuseTime 3.0
ReuseTimeBasedOnAttackTime 1

ProjMinDamage 8.0
ProjMaxDamage 16.0
ProjDamageType Magic

MaxRange 500.0

CanMiss 1
}

MordMod_BaseSkillBeamPerLevel overrides BaseSkillBeamPerLevel
{
Base BaseSkillPerLevel

MinDamage 0.75
MaxDamage 2.0

Power 0.50
}

MordMod_BaseSkillBeam overrides BaseSkillBeam
{
Base BaseSkillOffense

Power 4.5

ReuseTime 0.75

MinDamage 2.5
MaxDamage 5.0
DamageType Fire

MaxRange 300.0

FullDamageRange 100.0
MaxRangeDamageMult 0.4

CanMiss 1
}

MordMod_BaseProjBallistics overrides BaseProjBallistics
{
Base BaseProj

Speed 600.0

LightColor "1.0 1.0 0.7"
LightIntensity 30.0

UseDirectionToTarget 1
CompensateForVelocity 1

Life 10.0

ProjectileType Straight
TouchDistance 24.0
}

MordMod_ProjMissileDefense3 overrides ProjMissileDefense3
{
Base BaseProjMissile

ModelName Models/Projectiles/antiMissileRocket.mdl
Explosion Models/Effects/fireballExplosion.mdl

Scale 0.5
Speed 680.0
TurnSpeed 600.0
UseParentDirection 0
}

MordMod_ProjMissileDefense4 overrides ProjMissileDefense4
{
Base BaseProjMissile

ModelName Models/Projectiles/interceptorMissile.mdl

Scale 0.5
Speed 680.0
TurnSpeed 600.0
UseParentDirection 0
}

MordMod_ProjMissileDefense5 overrides ProjMissileDefense5
{
Base BaseProjMissile

ModelName Models/Projectiles/neutronAntiMissileMissile.mdl

Scale 0.5
Speed 680.0
TurnSpeed 600.0
UseParentDirection 0
}

MordMod_BaseSkillBallisticsPerLevel overrides BaseSkillBallisticsPerLevel
{
Base BaseSkillPerLevel

ProjMinDamage 1.8 // 50% more damage/sec than beams because can completely miss
ProjMaxDamage 5.1

Power 0.6
}

MordMod_BaseSkillBallistics overrides BaseSkillBallistics
{
Base BaseSkillOffense

Power 5.4 // 40% more efficient than beams (15% from longer ReuseTime/25% from durability loss from use)

ReuseTime 1.5

ProjMinDamage 6.0 // 50% more damage/sec than beams because can completely miss
ProjMaxDamage 12.0
DamageType Physical

MaxRange 500.0

CanMiss 1
}

MordMod_ArchetypeBountyHunter overrides ArchetypeBountyHunter
{
Base BaseArchetype

ArchetypeName $$BountyHunter$$

Class ClassMonsterGeneric

ModelName Models/wanderingVendor.mdl
FactionName FactionBountyHunter

BehaviorStack BehaviorStackSimpleRangedOnly

SpawnChance 0.0

BaseAggressionRange 450.0

XpMult 2.0
ArmorMult 1.0
HealthMult 1.0
DamagePercentPhysical 1.0 // 3.0
HealthToArmorPlatingMult 1.0
HealthToShieldsMult 1.0
AttackMult 0.5 // 1.5

Music MusicLegion

Radius 32.0

UseFancyExplosion 1

Skill SkillTalonBeam1
//Skill SkillTalonBeam3
//Skill SkillLegionMissile1
}

MordMod_ModifierComponentPowerPlant overrides ModifierComponentPowerPlant
{
Base BaseMagicModifierComponent

StatChangeMaxPowerLoadBase 28.0
StatChangeMaxPowerLoadPerLevel 28.0
}

MordMod_ModifierComponentShield overrides ModifierComponentShield
{
Base BaseMagicModifierComponent

StatChangeMaxShieldsBase 20.0
StatChangeMaxShieldsPerLevel 10.0

StatChangePowerLoadBase 7.0
StatChangePowerLoadPerLevel 7.0

DynamicStatChangeShieldsRegenBase 0.06
DynamicStatChangeShieldsRegenPerLevel 0.06
}

random_rolle
12-18-2012, 09:06 PM
Only thing i can somewhat agree with is the missile changes. I just reached level 100 with my beam weapon ship and honestly i never have any issues with energy or shields.

If anyone is interested i could paste my build but wont spam without someone asking.

FileNotFound
12-18-2012, 09:12 PM
Only thing i can somewhat agree with is the missile changes. I just reached level 100 with my beam weapon ship and honestly i never have any issues with energy or shields.

If anyone is interested i could paste my build but wont spam without someone asking.

Well, as luck would have it, you can ignore everything but the missiles. Just copy the missile stuff and not anything else.

I found that even with a rack full of shields the recharge rate was painful, even after the recharge boost from 50 and later 100 computer skill.

I didn't increase capacity - just recharge. All this means is that you don't have to constantly be looking for rechargers or using boosters.

This does make the game easier - hence the "One Sided Balance"

random_rolle
12-18-2012, 09:21 PM
My level 100, using shields only has a shield recharge of 40 / s approx
(with only 50 in computers).

However, some resists really help to keep the buffer up (8k or so).

I will possibly add the missiles mod, but my missilesship is around level 50, will try to get some semblance of workability going if possible first.
I do however agree they need a speedboost and an energy reduction. (also more aoe missile choices).

Cirkumflex
01-21-2013, 03:20 PM
What language is the code? The syntax looks weird :O

Shadow
01-22-2013, 10:36 AM
What language is the code? The syntax looks weird :O

The moddable parts of the game are all just simple text.

Siveria
02-20-2013, 09:49 PM
What would I use if I just wanted the Mass driver projectile movement speed change? I always did think they traveled way to damn slow. If you've ever seen a space movie, bullets can usually catch something thats using afterburners. I'd also like the bounty hunter nerfed because I ran into one with me having sky high defense and the damn hunter NEVER seems to miss a shot. Oh and also the shield change, because with shields current recharge they are fairly worthless to me. Think I figured it out, what are the base values for the reactors?

Shadow
02-21-2013, 09:57 AM
What would I use if I just wanted the Mass driver projectile movement speed change? I always did think they traveled way to damn slow. If you've ever seen a space movie, bullets can usually catch something thats using afterburners. I'd also like the bounty hunter nerfed because I ran into one with me having sky high defense and the damn hunter NEVER seems to miss a shot. Oh and also the shield change, because with shields current recharge they are fairly worthless to me. Think I figured it out, what are the base values for the reactors?

The speed for ballistic weapons is the parm Speed in entry BaseProjBallistics in the file projectiles.gdb.

You can change a lot of things of the bounty hunter in the entry ArchetypeBountyHunter in MonsterArchetypes.gdb.

There are a lot of ways to increase shield regen, one is to change the entry ModifierComponentShield in MagicModifiers/Components.gdb

Siveria
02-21-2013, 12:26 PM
The speed for ballistic weapons is the parm Speed in entry BaseProjBallistics in the file projectiles.gdb.

You can change a lot of things of the bounty hunter in the entry ArchetypeBountyHunter in MonsterArchetypes.gdb.

There are a lot of ways to increase shield regen, one is to change the entry ModifierComponentShield in MagicModifiers/Components.gdb

I am also wondering why the racial ships like human etc are so.. well dodgy and beefy, I mean even with enough attack for well over 95% hit rate I seem to miss 80% of the time on some of them, and when I do hit, I do good damage to shield and armor, but once I hit structure, my hits seem to do less than half of the number they say they are.

Shadow
02-21-2013, 12:46 PM
I am also wondering why the racial ships like human etc are so.. well dodgy and beefy, I mean even with enough attack for well over 95% hit rate I seem to miss 80% of the time on some of them, and when I do hit, I do good damage to shield and armor, but once I hit structure, my hits seem to do less than half of the number they say they are.

The race ships have computers on top of what a normal ship of level X would have so their defense is a lot higher.

Also when you are hitting the structure, some of that damage goes to components just like it does to your ship.

Siveria
02-23-2013, 01:23 PM
So how exactly do you make a mod for this? do you need that first line? or just the stuff in {}'s? this is the line i am reffering to.

MordMod_BaseProjMissile overrides BaseProjMissile

Is that needed or can you just put the {} stuff?

Also is there a way to.. Increase the games speed? Like in the command and conquer game they have a game speed slider and when you move it to the right, everything gets sped up, animations, building etc?

Shadow
02-25-2013, 11:48 AM
You would need all of it. The first line basically gives a title to your definition and what it is overriding. The {} tells you where the definitions starts and ends. Everything in-between the {}s are your changes (in this case).

There isn't a way (outside of developer builds) to speed up everything in the game.