PDA

View Full Version : Exporting your character question

Inspired
03-31-2010, 03:11 AM
I've hit the export to HTML and Export to Vbulletin, then I go to Computer, Program files, Dins Curse, User and there is nothing in there but the choices of build.cfg default cfg, zones. CFG. Am i missing something? By the way, I am using Window's Vista.

Markoff Chaney
03-31-2010, 07:55 AM
In XP these are located in the same place as your "chars" and "Screenshots" folder. For me it's "C:\Documents and Settings\$USER$\Local Settings\Application Data\DinsCurse\User". This is a different location than where I have the game. The files you discussed were in "H:\Din's Curse\User" for example.

I believe your corresponding location in Vista would be:
XP: Documents and Settings\$USER$\Local Settings\Application Data\DinsCurse\User
Vista: Users\$USER$\AppData\Local\DinsCurse\User

I hope this helps!

Shadow
03-31-2010, 09:58 AM
All save type stuff is saved here (depending on OS):

Vista/Win7 - C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Local\DinsCurse\User
XP - C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR USER NAME\Local Settings\Application Data\DinsCurse\User
Mac - /Users/YOUR USER NAME/Library/Application Support/DinsCurse/User

graffen69
04-01-2010, 10:19 PM
For Windows XP users, make sure your browser is marked for "Show hidden files", else you cannot find local settings in:
C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR USER NAME\Local Settings\Application Data\DinsCurse\User

Kruztee
04-02-2010, 10:25 PM
The AppData folder is also hidden by default in Vista/7, I believe.

Inspired
04-02-2010, 11:32 PM
I found it using Shadow's instructions. It's really easy for me to find it now. I just hit search and type in character.txt and that's what I am looking for.