PDA

View Full Version : Din's Curse now available!

Shadow
03-31-2010, 03:40 PM
Din's Curse is now available to purchase! The beta is over and went very well. For those that beta tested, you rock! If you haven't already, go buy the game here (http://www.soldak.com/Dins-Curse/Buy.html).

Aganazer
03-31-2010, 03:59 PM
Congrats Steven!

What are you going to do now that Din's is released?

udm
03-31-2010, 04:14 PM
Work on the next patch for Din's Curse, of course! Spiritual entities like Din, Valta, and Steven Peeler don't need rest :p

Congrats Soldak, thanks for all the hard work :)

getter77
03-31-2010, 05:48 PM
Congrats, I hope to be a part of future Soldak betas and such going forward. Still feels weird to me that I ran out of different things to report/suggest well ahead of the finish line though...

Cadfan
03-31-2010, 07:57 PM
Have there been adjustments to summoned monsters that I missed?

txa1265
03-31-2010, 09:10 PM
So ... how do those of us who DID pre-order get our 'full release'?

Cadfan
03-31-2010, 09:36 PM
I think that if your patchse are up to date, you have the full release already.

timeh
04-01-2010, 01:03 AM
grats Shadow

Warfran
04-01-2010, 03:15 AM
Congrats on the release Steven.

The last patch was a good way to close out the beta, the game plays great now, excellent job!

gornova
04-01-2010, 09:14 AM
really good work! demo is good, how final game will be perfect :D

Shadow
04-01-2010, 10:29 AM
Thanks everyone.

What are you going to do now that Din's is released?

There will be more patches, but other than that I'm not sure yet. You guys will probably know fairly quickly after I do though.

Have there been adjustments to summoned monsters that I missed?

0.912 switched them to aggressive mode and now you can change them back and forth from aggressive and defensive. Also skeleton archers got a good boost. There might be more changes but I'm letting those sink in first.

So ... how do those of us who DID pre-order get our 'full release'?

Either use the download link again in your purchase email, update to version 0.912 (which is the final release minus some minor things), or update to patch 1.000 when it comes out (later today).

Axegrinder
04-01-2010, 02:46 PM
One of the best games ever to grace my hard drive already. The last patch was the icing on the cake!

udm
04-02-2010, 09:00 AM
The last patch was the icing on the cake!

Definitely! :)

udm
04-03-2010, 10:01 AM
http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=42593

Some comments over at RPGCodex.

FloodSpectre
04-04-2010, 10:45 AM
In reference to that RPG Codex thread, I don't get why people complain about the one-slot one-item loot system. In an action RPG I don't want to have to play Lootris. In a game like Deus Ex, or pretty much any other non-loot driven RPG it doesn't bother me as much. In those cases it makes more sense to not be able to carry 12 suits of plate mail around to sell later.

OneoftheLost
04-04-2010, 09:29 PM
Thanks for taking the time to create, release, and most importantly support this fantastic product! Being a new customer, I have found Din's Curse to be a simply amazing game. The random dungeons, the dynamic events, the consequences all made for a title that came out of nowhere (for me.) and blew everything else I was playing out of the water... AND its for mac? Too good to be true.

Thank you so much for this. I can't play anything else...

As was said earlier, this game practically pays for itself enjoyment-wise.

Elysium
04-05-2010, 03:21 PM
I'm so sad that publishers in Russia don't even think about publishing DC...
I want to play full version (demo was awesome, and the MP is a thing I missed so much in DoP), but order is too expensive for Russia (I don't want to hurt anyone from Soldak with these words, 'cause even MW2 costs ~16$ in my country). F.ex.: Kivi's Underworld was released more than year after it was released in US.

Anyway, thanks for your awesome games (especially DoP), and let me ask a question - what is the next game you're now working on?

P.S. Sorry if I did any mistakes in my post, i'm not so much into English.

Shadow
04-05-2010, 03:25 PM
I'm so sad that publishers in Russia don't even think about publishing DC...
I want to play full version (demo was awesome, and the MP is a thing I missed so much in DoP), but order is too expensive for Russia (I don't want to hurt anyone from Soldak with these words, 'cause even MW2 costs ~16$ in my country). F.ex.: Kivi's Underworld was released more than year after it was released in US.

Anyway, thanks for your awesome games (especially DoP), and let me ask a question - what is the next game you're now working on?

We are talking to Russian publishers, so we will see how that goes.

I'm not sure what I'm working on next. I'll probably let you guys know pretty soon after I do.

udm
04-05-2010, 05:34 PM
Is a boxed version of the game out yet?

By the way, if you do get around to doing expansion packs, please release a Collector's Edition that comes in a huge shiny box. You know there are those of us who will foolishly---um I mean gladly pay for it :D

Shadow
04-05-2010, 06:42 PM
Is a boxed version of the game out yet?

By the way, if you do get around to doing expansion packs, please release a Collector's Edition that comes in a huge shiny box. You know there are those of us who will foolishly---um I mean gladly pay for it :D

No. We are certainly open to such a thing but I don't know how likely it is.

Kreb
04-05-2010, 09:45 PM
I appreciate everything you've done to entertain me. Thank you for the hard work.