PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Ordered Version?

Crawfish
03-31-2010, 11:32 PM
Hello,

For those of us who pre-ordered Din's Curse, what is the appropriate way to download/replace our existing Beta installations with the actual production version of the game now that it's been released?

Thanks.

Inspired
04-01-2010, 12:19 AM
I just downloaded the patch and installed it and it overwrote the other patch.

Shmutt
04-01-2010, 12:56 AM
I just downloaded the patch and installed it and it overwrote the other patch.

Do you mean patch 0.912? Or is there some other patch for version 1.0?

Inspired
04-01-2010, 01:07 AM
Yeah, sorry. I meant 0.912. Hmm, well, I know that it says 1000 just says it's official so it's not like I need it to get the full experience. I guess we do need a patch for that if we preordered.

Viliki
04-01-2010, 02:25 AM
I hadn't realized there's no way to get back a copy when you pre order. So you have to careful backup your copy.

But I need a full game version to backup, not a beta and various manual patches.

Cougar_DK
04-01-2010, 03:18 AM
I'm also a little unsure about 0.912 is the release version? :)

Maledictus
04-01-2010, 06:43 AM
I bought the pre-purchase (to support the dev, and, let's be honest, to get a good deal) but never downloaded the beta. Just thought I'd wait for the full version. But now I'm not sure how to proceed. Any info on how to get the full game would be appreciated.

dallaboo
04-01-2010, 07:27 AM
I got this in my mail

"For those that have been participating in the beta you can download
the latest patch, 0.912, at
http://www.soldak.com/Dins-Curse/Patches.html Except for some very
minor changes (getting rid of the beta stuff, adding beta
testers to the manual, and changing the version), this is the same
as the released game. There will be a 1.000 patch soon though.
"

Shadow
04-01-2010, 09:44 AM
There are multiple ways to get the full version.

1) If you patch the game with the 0.912 patch you essentially have the released version. The only changes were getting rid of beta stuff, changing the version number, and adding beta testers to the manual.

2) I will be releasing a 1.000 patch later today that you can update to instead if you really want the changes.

3) The download link that is in your purchase email will download the released version of the game.

phanboy4
04-01-2010, 02:45 PM

1) If you patch the game with the 0.912 patch you essentially have the released version. The only changes were getting rid of beta stuff, changing the version number, and adding beta testers to the manual.

2) I will be releasing a 1.000 patch later today that you can update to instead if you really want the changes.

3) The download link that is in your purchase email will download the released version of the game.

When I try to do (3) BMTMicro gives me this error:

File Download Error
The password is blocked

This is odd considering I've only used that download once for the preorder and the email explicitly states the link isn't supposed to expire until August.

Shadow
04-01-2010, 02:58 PM
BMTs system is a little block happy. If you send me an actual email from the email account you bought the game I can turn it back on.

I did just release the 1.000 patch.

Viliki
04-01-2010, 03:39 PM
Cool thanks for the point, it's working for me, I'm downloading the full non beta release ie the 1000. This will be more practical to backup and if I want install again later.

Maledictus
04-02-2010, 11:36 AM
Thanks. I'll try the same later today, when at home. Much obliged.