PDA

View Full Version : How does "Growth" work?

Inspired
04-01-2010, 02:42 AM
Alright, so I am fighting a superboss with the "Growth" buff and the first time he had 100% to everything, then he killed me. I came back and he had 125% to every stat. So, it's basically a one hit kill which is not good for me because I am warrior. No kiting allowed..

Viliki
04-01-2010, 03:17 AM
Can't help but had also once one of those monsters that eat cadavers to become stronger. A quest was to kill him. I enter the level and close shot flame arrow in a wide pack of barrels making plenty death. Then a bit later I saw my monster to kill arrives he had eat most if not all cadavers and one standard hit was close to kill me, one critical was a death. I get him close to portal... and died 3 times before to be able to kill him, third time, in one second, I escape the level, it died and I died! Quest achieve and didn't found back my soul but well I was happy to have kill him.

udm
04-01-2010, 04:25 AM
Check his buffs, and see if he has like +125% fire damage or something like that. Drink potions to counter-act this. If necessary, quaff a vitality potion. When he one hits you, is it a critical?

Inspired
04-01-2010, 04:44 AM
Nope, just one hit to kill me. I finally beat him. I brought him to the gate and kept porting in and hitting him. I've been playing with the monsters about 12-15 levels higher than me so that's why he hits so hard.

udm
04-01-2010, 07:46 AM
As I recommended you in the other thread, invest in Focus skills if you're playing a Warrior class. They really go a long way in keeping you alive.

Shadow
04-01-2010, 09:48 AM
Growth is a scavenger skill. Each time they eat a dead monster they get stronger.