PDA

View Full Version : Game is released

PixelLord
04-01-2010, 11:16 PM
So how do you feel now that the game has been released? Shadow could've kept on working with everyone's suggestions forever. As it is, he delayed the game for weeks (for good reason - thank you all!). However, as with all projects, there comes a time when you must declare it finished. Shadow wanted to do that weeks ago, but you mean a lot to him; so he implemented every reasonable request.

If you really like this game, push your friends to try it (many of you already have). From what I understand, there's a 30 day money back guarantee! Now that is confidence! I'd love to see a good review or two! :)

Inspired
04-02-2010, 03:10 AM
I've really been enjoying it. 15 hours so far on one character and still going strong so to me that's worth 20 bucks anytime. To go to the movies and eat dinner with my wife cost me almost 50 dollars so I've gotten my money back a few times over. My only complaint is the equipment could of been done better as far as the stats. I have a level 53 artifact shield that I can't use yet that has less defense and worse stats than a green shield that I found when I was level 45. So, if artifacts and legendary items could actually be "Legendary" and "Artifact" items in the next sequel, that would be great.

udm
04-02-2010, 08:54 AM
Me too. I feel like the game's practically paid for itself over the 30 odd hours I've clocked into it thus far. Plus, Soldak's a great company, and I'll be more than happy to support it. Torchlight? Bah. Diablo 3? Who needs it :p

Warfran
04-02-2010, 01:19 PM
Fully agree, I've put so many hours in since the .910 patch the $20.00 I spent is almost negligible.
I wish there was something else that gave me that kind of value, in other words the bang for your buck ratio.

I also agree with Inspired on the equipment, I'm playing a Paladin and finally found an Elite mace to replace my long used green one only to find that although they are the same level there was really no difference in quality between them.
But that's been my only disappointment yet.

Cadfan
04-02-2010, 02:04 PM
Remember that there's a random factor. Sometimes you find gear that is much better, or much worse, than average. And some gear modifiers are better than others. If you got lucky and found a really good green mace at one level, then its not unusual that later on you might find a not particular good yellow mace.

Like you might find a mace with 50 dps due to a +50% damage modifier, then later on find a yellow mace with 45 dps because it has a higher base damage, but no damage modifier. That's just the random factor at work. Sooner or later you'll find something better. You shouldn't draw conclusions from a sample size of 2.

Caal
04-02-2010, 02:26 PM
You could also mod the game. In the mod thread, GeorgiaBoy posted code for putting an additional number random modifiers on elite, artifact and legendary items.