PDA

View Full Version : Happy November and the Beginning of Nano

Delilah Rehm
11-01-2007, 11:18 AM
So yesterday I found out you are supposed to start a new project for National Novel Writing Month (http://www.nanowrimo.org/)(an event where writers all over commit to writing 50,000 words in the month of November). I WAS planning on working on my modern day zombie, but Im about 5,000 words into it. Hmmm. I guess I need to pick another story idea to work on. Maybe my science fiction vampire (yes, Im weird that way). If I write 2,000 words per day, I can take five days off. But 50,000 words does not a novel make. Im considering writing 4,000 a day. Considering but not promising. :)

Halloween was fun. Steven went with the boy so they could hit twice as many houses. I went with Chatty Kitty Princess. Im wondering if random strangers enjoyed her conversation, up to and including what she dressed up as last year, what she will dress up as next year, and can she get an extra one for her brother (never mind he would hit that house later). She was a happy camper the first half mile, but then lost her enthusiasm. Shortly into the second half mile, Steven and the boy caught up with us. In all, they did two miles. Steven and I carry buckets to store the extras when the kids buckets get too heavy. Now we have four buckets full of candy, and Im thinking, How long will this temptation last? Ahhh candy. I guess I dont mind as long as the kids freakin brush their teeth well and take their vitamins!

Well! On to November. :) Let the holiday madness begin!