PDA

View Full Version : An idea

calubob
04-03-2010, 09:00 PM
So first off I absolutely love the game the more I play the more I get into it and I'm trying to get all my friends to play it as well.

So I was playing Diablo 1 on my laptop earlier today because Dins Curse doesn't run on it and one thing that game has I had forgotten about was spell books that each class could find and learn regardless of what their class was which that got me to thinking that if something like that were added in Dins Curse I would probably never stop playing.

My idea is that these spell books would be super rare drops and maybe only top level players could use them? could these spells be levelled up by finding more of the same books? There's a ton other ideas about these I have/could come up with but I just wanted to get the idea out there and see what people think of it.... Especially Shadow lol.

udm
04-04-2010, 02:00 AM
Nah I still prefer having spells as skills, though other players may disagree :)

calubob
04-04-2010, 02:10 AM
Well there would still be skills for all the classes and skill trees and such and these spellbooks would be classless spells for all classes to use. They wouldn't be replacing anything.

udm
04-04-2010, 03:33 AM
Well when you put it that way...

Maybe in an expansion? This sounds like too much trouble to be in a patch, but it'd be cool to see this in future iterations.

FloodSpectre
04-04-2010, 10:31 AM
I'd rather see unique, classless skills attained by equipping certain high-end equipment and lost when that equipment is removed, like some of the stuff in Titan Quest. Most of those skills were just super-powerful procs, though...