PDA

View Full Version : Other Platforms? (Mac?)

HanClinto
11-01-2007, 12:35 PM
Hey Soldak!

Wow, this game looks really really good! I'm recommending that friends try it out, and I'm interested in seeing it myself.

However, Windows is not my primary platform (I'm a Mac guy, which is a barrier that's kept me playing Diablo II when I'd rather be playing Fate), and I currently don't have a working Windows machine that is capable of running DoP.

Is the DoP code built on OpenGL, and is a Mac port being considered? I know you've only been gold for a couple of months, and much of this would depend on sales, so if it's too early to tell, feel free to blow off my question. :)

Thanks much!

Respectfully,
clint

Shadow
11-01-2007, 03:30 PM
Hey Clint, welcome to the forums. I have thought about doing a Mac port. The game uses OpenGL and OpenAL, so it probably wouldn't be too hard. We don't have any plans at the moment to do a port however. It sure isn't out of the question though.

For the time being though, I have heard from at least a couple people that the game runs great under Parallels. You would probably need the latest version since I believe earlier versions didn't have 3D support. So that could be an option right now.

HanClinto
11-02-2007, 11:32 AM
Hey Shadow!

Very glad to hear that your game uses OpenGL/AL -- that's great. :)

Perhaps I'll try the game under Fusion (I prefer VMWare to Parallels -- bad experience with Parallels customer support). I tend to not leave it Fusion running all the time, and often I just resort to BootCamp if I want to do Windows gaming (which I'm doing less and less as I find more and better native Mac games).

I downloaded your demo -- perhaps my desire to check out the engaging universe you've created will override my aversion to booting into Windows. :)

Thanks much!

--clint

Shadow
11-02-2007, 12:22 PM
If you do run the game under Fusion, tell me if it works or not. It would be nice to know if there is another option for Mac gamers.