PDA

View Full Version : Friday 5 - April Flowers

Delilah Rehm
04-06-2010, 10:35 AM
1. Two weeks ago was crazy running around the kids, last week we cleaned house for Easter, and this week I want to take off for my birthday. Yesterday was really fun, I was in a great mood, but I didn't have much time to play my new discovery in the Sims 2...

2. Plant people! They're very different from humans and I love that they don't ever sleep.

3. It's my birthday Friday. Steven won't recognize that I should be celebrated the entire week (how lame is that?), but I'm going to keep asking for it anyway. And my present I know he hasn't purchased. I hate waiting for presents.

4. I'm hungry... Somebody make me toast. ;-) (Just kidding! Heh heh heh...)

5. I've finished the shell of the plaguebringer, then burned out. I may put it away for now. I've promised someone a cthulhu (http://cthulhucrochet.blogspot.com/2008/05/tiny-cthulhu-free-pattern.html) in June, so that may be my next crochet project.

udm
04-08-2010, 02:32 PM
Happy birthday (in advance) Delilah :)

Delilah Rehm
04-08-2010, 07:43 PM
Thanks! :)

Delilah Rehm
04-20-2010, 11:37 AM
1. Steven reads every post, and sometimes I do too... but not lately. I pick a few each day.

2. Looks like Din's Curse is going to be our best selling game. Chances are running high we'll be able to afford another game. :) Now if things will level out at a sustainable rate so that: we can fix things around the house and Steven can work regular hours instead of superman hours, I will be happy.

3. Just finished reading Salvatore's Crystal Shard, and it was good (love, love Drizzt). Not sure if I have book 2 of the series, but next I'm reading Battlestar Galactica by Jeffrey A Carver. I'm sorta all over the place when it comes to books. There's 13 books on my desk at the moment, most of which I started some time or other, some I'm not in the mood for, and a few I'm not engaged with yet halfway through.

4. Writing. Lets not talk about that.

5. I have 2 hot buttons, active manipulation (of me), and active dishonesty. This is why I'm in for hell the next five years as I try to wrangle my new teenager into some semblance of responsible maturity (or at least not the manipulative, selfish jerk he'd prefer to become). Thinking about these issues and my options as a parent pull unresolved experiences from my own teen days to the surface, and I wonder if I'll get through my turn at the wheel without coming to hate him or myself. The potential for both terrify me. :(

getter77
04-23-2010, 01:27 PM
Congrats on the sales for Din's and hang in there on the parenting woes---I recommend jotting out all past known examples of "How NOT to handle Situation X" just to have it front and center in the deliberations for the best ways for you and yours going forward.

1. I finally got my Intuos4 S Art Tablet! http://www.wacom.com/intuos/small.php Only $199 with free shipping direct from Amazon to boot. I've yet to dive into it considering it shipped early and my backlog isn't quite slain---but the thing is crazy thin, lightweight, and I'm raring to go about generating some 2D graphical wranglings for future games.

2. One way or another, though I'd prefer to go with friends, I'll be partaking in the Taste of Henry tonight. http://www.tasteofhenry.org/ Essentially, you sample various local eateries in exchange for throwing $20 at a local charity, also gaining a sack-full of ink pens, coupons, menus, magnets, and so forth. We went for the first time last year, despite it apparently running unawares for the last several, and had a good time of it.

3. I've finally started sampling Ben & Jerry's ice cream in lieu of my drinking chocolates for the summer---good stuff. Just had Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough and Half Baked so far, but I do believe I'll grab some other new flavor this afternoon during a grocery run.

4. GA weather has been this bizarre swinging back and forth of 80's and 60's lately, with random rain thrown in just to mix things up a bit and somewhat keep the pollen at bay/nice and sludge like.

5. My "apprenticeship" esque thing involving game development will probably be starting, in part, somewhere within the next week or 2. The milestone for it, at least as things now stand, is something of a competition taking place in September where a significant, if not complete, release is considered the target. The primary person behind the lot of it is getting married right about this time, so I reckon the following next week or so will be the time it'll take for him to touch back down on the Earth post-Honeymoon and such. ;)

My responsibilities will probably consist of...most everything relevant---from a baseline of being capable of pretty well nothing! :cool: I'm expecting a challenging and bizarre race, but it'll be well worth it to have some functional skills to bring to the table in the wake of it going forward. It figures I'd have to wind up with such a non-traditional "first game" to learn the ropes on. :p

udm
04-24-2010, 03:43 PM
3. Just finished reading Salvatore's Crystal Shard, and it was good (love, love Drizzt). Not sure if I have book 2 of the series, but next I'm reading Battlestar Galactica by Jeffrey A Carver. I'm sorta all over the place when it comes to books. There's 13 books on my desk at the moment, most of which I started some time or other, some I'm not in the mood for, and a few I'm not engaged with yet halfway through.

Hey Delilah, have you checked out Conan yet? :)

Delilah Rehm
04-24-2010, 06:46 PM
Uggg! No. :( I haven't found it yet, but still looking.

Delilah Rehm
05-03-2010, 03:55 PM
But there are not a lot of post in this one yet.

1. My BFF from 3rd grade found me on facebook! I would never have found her because both her first and last name are different, though I've looked many a time. Turns out there's a whole facebook group for that private school, and I've really enjoyed sharing memories from back then. (Yes, I have many. My memory is freaky that way!)

2. I felt sick last week, and now again this week. Boo! Last time this happened, I got the flu, so I'm really trying to take it easy.

3. Taking it easy is not easy when it's so easy to stress about stuff. (BTW, that's a horrible sentence, because it has the word 'easy' so many times.) I spend too much time trying not to think about things, because hey, what good will it do? None. However this does not mix well with writing.

4. Have you ever been attacked my a nap? Yes... it did happen to me yesterday. I lay down on the bed next to Steven while he read, and the next thing I know, I'm deep asleep. So now I'm the twitchy deer when approaching the watering hole... err... bed, because I know there's a pesky lion.... ummm... nap waiting to attack me at any moment!

Ah, the joys of the pre-sick.

5. I crocheted an amigurumi cthulhu. Anybody want to see a pic?

getter77
05-03-2010, 08:51 PM
If there is an internet where somebody doesn't want to see a crocheted cthulhu---that is not the internet proper. ;)