PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Partially Solved Quest

BungalowBarbara
04-07-2010, 11:57 PM
Is there a "bug reports" area in this forum? I'd like to report a problem I just had with a quest from the Warmaster. It would keep popping up everytime I asked him about quests, saying it was solved. It wasn't actually solved, only partially solved (it involved killing three bad guys who were part of the same group.) It wouldn't go away and I couldn't view any of the other quests the Warmaster was offering, so I couldn't accept them or find out what I needed to do to solve them. Very frustrating.

Oddly enough, the problem eventually solved itself, but it took more than an hour of play. Suddenly the Warmaster's quest screen started working normally again. I noticed that a new quest had just come up that was "above" the "kill so-and-so's group" quest in the quest list. All the other more recent quests were below that quest in the list. Maybe the game needed to have the first quest in its list not be this problematic one?

Anyway, all is well now, but for a while I was really swearing. Hope this can be improved in later versions of the game.

Love the game! My husband and I are both totally hooked and are spending way too much time playing this.

Kruztee
04-08-2010, 12:40 AM
Hi BungalowBarbara, welcome to the forums.

After checking both this forum and the beta forum for reports of the same bug, please just post in this forum with a description of the suspected bug. Include "bug report" somwhere in the thread title. Often, including a save game can be helpful in tracking down bugs. Alternatively, you can email Shadow directly from the link on this page (http://www.soldak.com/Company/Contact.html).

udm
04-08-2010, 10:01 AM
Welcome Barb :)

RoanokeKeeper
04-08-2010, 02:12 PM
I saw the same bug. If you restart the game without using resume, the quest goes back into the list of unsolved quests although it is still marked as solved. If you accept the quest from the list, then you are again blocked from getting any other quests since the solved quests always pop up first when talking to quest givers. Although it pops up as solved when you talk to the quest giver, you can click 'accept' all you like--it will keep popping up. If you finally finish killing all the boss monsters on the list for the quest, then when you click accept, you finally get credit and it stops popping up. Not a game stopping bug, but still annoying. I think it occurs when one of the boss monsters gets accidentally killed by random occurrances. Sorry, I don't have a saved game since I played right through it.

Shadow
04-09-2010, 10:45 AM
A few people have mentioned this bug. I've never been able to reproduce it though. :(

BungalowBarbara
04-09-2010, 09:33 PM
Thanks to all of you.

I have played on past this point now, so don't have a saved game to send in. If I come across it again, I will make sure to do that.

Is there information somewhere on how to do that, by the way? What files would I need to send, and in what format?