PDA

View Full Version : When does game end? Skill points by end?

Animation
04-08-2010, 12:05 AM
All,

Does Din's have an endgame? I dont have a lot of time to play, and I'm an altaholic, so I'm wondering if it has an ending and about what level you might "top out."

Also, how many skill points will you get by the end, if there is an end?

Are there any skill calculators out there so I can plan a character? And so I can see how many points I get at each level?

Thanks!

Cadfan
04-08-2010, 02:29 AM
Well, skill points follow a very definite pattern.

At level 1, you have 1.
At levels 2 - 4, you gain 2 per level.
At levels 3 - 9, you gain 3.
At levels 10 - 14, you gain 4.
At levels 15 - 19, you gain 5.

This pattern continues. You could count up the numbers if you needed.

The way I work at things is I set certain skills to be my "favored" skills, and I always have them upgraded until the cost for an additional rank is greater than the amount I get per level. So if I'm getting 9 skill points per level, I upgrade them until one more rank would cost me 10.

Beyond that I set certain skills to be my secondary skills, and I keep them a few levels behind.

Then certain other skills I get to only a particular point, and stop. I just base this on experience.

Animation
04-08-2010, 12:16 PM
Is there also a skill progression formula for skills, based on the cost of the first point? Or is each one possibly totally different at any skill rank? Do skills have a max skill rank?

Also, at what approximate level does Din offer the final quest?

Thanks!

Cadfan
04-08-2010, 01:05 PM
Yes, there's a formula. Each rank costs one more point than the one before it. So if a skill starts out costing 4, the second rank costs 5, the third costs 6, etc.

Shadow
04-09-2010, 10:43 AM
I believe there are a few skills that have a max level.

Din, in theory, gives his final quest close to when you are at the end of each of the difficulties (so around 25, 50, 75, 100). In reality it is based on your reputation level (5, 10, 15, 20) so it may or may not be near those character levels.

Your character's level maxes out at 100.

Animation
04-09-2010, 01:22 PM
Thanks. Now I just need someone to make a skill calculator. :)

Lewis