PDA

View Full Version : post some details for multiplayer

salejemaster
04-11-2010, 03:13 PM
hey everyone, just started playing, but notices that there is literally no one playing online, so if anyone wants to play online add me on msn: sale_je_master@yahoo.com or steam: salejekrompir or just leave some info in this thread :)

Invadernny
04-11-2010, 07:44 PM
Yes, we needs more people online.

AIM: Reaperma8
MSN: invadernny@hotmail.com
Steam: darkside44

graffen69
04-19-2010, 03:17 AM
Indeed.
This game would be so much fun playing in co-op mode. I ussally set 4 player games on the EU server calling the game at the difficulty and the Level (like "Champion L32") a couple hours each day. Still havent seen anyone else online though
Feel free to jump in and have at it.

MasterMorality
04-20-2010, 07:04 AM
I set up server occasionally. If I play its usually online, I figure that if no one comes it's just the same as single player, right?

Like you, I haven't had much luck with multiplayer though, I got into one game once and that was wickedly fun, until one guy got bored and dragged his level 25 into the world which made everything too easy and took away all the fun until he left.

Magitek
04-20-2010, 07:53 AM
Sounds suspiciously like my game.. not much point rushing with high levels if there's no end game.
I think the master server isnt reporting all games, not that I expect to see any during my peak hours.

graffen69
04-20-2010, 10:26 AM
Well the only difference iīve seen so far in multi play vs. single is you cannot pause the game. Granted, i over use pause in SP but i much rather play MP. Maybe could set it so you can only pause MP as long as your alone in the game. Prolly to much work for such a small change though.
But a min/max level which you could set at the start of creating a game would be a great add to MP. I despise players bringing in their flashy high level chars, thrashing everything and ruining the game. :p
I do know you can chat in MP, but some players just dont respect your wishes.

MasterMorality
04-20-2010, 12:25 PM
Yeah, a min/max setting would be good.
When i joined that game I was, admittedly higher than the other characters, but they didn't mind too much, and by the second game, I was very much killable by the monsters because they'd caught up with me. If I think I'm too high then I'll probably switch out to a different character.

Jorlen
04-22-2010, 10:55 AM
Now that I've finished a town and learned how the basic concepts work, I feel ready to give multiplayer a try.

If anyone wants to play tonight from 6:00pm - 11:00pm EST, send me PM through this forum system. We could start new characters, or use existing ones but the highest I have is level 8ish or so.

graffen69
04-25-2010, 11:20 AM
EST you say. Im in in Europe myself amd i check a couple of times on every continent server every day but stil has never found any players or servers online.
I actually think the reason a lot of players avoid MP is that you cannot pause the game in MP and as there is no one online no one bothers. It becomes a catch-22 circle.
The idea to let MP players that start a game server be able to pause as long as the game is solo might bring more players online. For myself i know i would always start an MP game instead of Single player if i could pause it as long as theres no one else in the game.
But is it doable? Might be a real brainwash to make that work, huh?
I hope this game gets lots of more positive reviews so we will get more online. Its such a rare gem. I found Dinīs CUrse via http://www.rpgwatch.com/
checking through the list of latest game. It was love at first sight. :D

MasterMorality
04-25-2010, 11:38 AM
I personally don't pause it much anyway. I have found a couple of servers. Managed to log onto a server yesterday just as the host decided to go play another game on US east, heh heh.

Jorlen
04-26-2010, 10:30 AM
EST you say. Im in in Europe myself amd i check a couple of times on every continent server every day but stil has never found any players or servers online.
I actually think the reason a lot of players avoid MP is that you cannot pause the game in MP and as there is no one online no one bothers. It becomes a catch-22 circle.
The idea to let MP players that start a game server be able to pause as long as the game is solo might bring more players online. For myself i know i would always start an MP game instead of Single player if i could pause it as long as theres no one else in the game.
But is it doable? Might be a real brainwash to make that work, huh?
I hope this game gets lots of more positive reviews so we will get more online. Its such a rare gem. I found Dinīs CUrse via http://www.rpgwatch.com/
checking through the list of latest game. It was love at first sight. :D

That would actually be pretty cool, to be able to pause the game in a multiplayer mode if you're alone. It would encourage me to make more MP games too.

I forget how I found out about Din's Curse but as soon as I read the description I knew I'd like it. After trying the demo for only a few minutes I bought the game and I've been spending most of my free time playing it. Love at first sight here too hehe.

Shadow
04-26-2010, 11:06 AM
I'm going to look and see how feasible I can do the pause thing btw.

Shadow
04-30-2010, 02:34 PM
Version 1.001 (now available) will now let you pause in multiplayer if you are the only one in the game. So I expect all of you to start making multiplayer servers. :)

OneoftheLost
04-30-2010, 02:35 PM
:D

Shadow, you are amazing. Thank you!

*EDIT*

Man, that's quite a list of bug fixes and various changes for 1.1 Fantastic! ^_^

Jorlen
04-30-2010, 02:44 PM
I for one will always make MP servers when playing post-patch now that this change is implemented. Awesome news!

graffen69
04-30-2010, 04:49 PM
I for one will always make MP servers when playing post-patch now that this change is implemented.

Ditto!
Steven, youīre the man! :)

Roswitha
04-30-2010, 05:29 PM
Quick question.

When playing multi-player, is the shared stash shared between everybody? Or is it still just for shuffling stuff between my characters?

OneoftheLost
04-30-2010, 05:35 PM
Should be for your chars. A player asked me to look through his and pick whatever I wanted, but instead I saw all of the items from 'my' shared stash.

Jorlen
04-30-2010, 05:39 PM
Should be for your chars. A player asked me to look through his and pick whatever I wanted, but instead I saw all of the items from 'my' shared stash.

Hehe. Could you imagine if it was shared between players online? That would be fun! "Yeah yaeh, head on down to the dungeon, I'll be right behind you!" /eye shared stash.

Roswitha
04-30-2010, 05:52 PM
Hehe. Could you imagine if it was shared between players online? That would be fun! "Yeah yaeh, head on down to the dungeon, I'll be right behind you!" /eye shared stash.

:D

I wonder if it would be worth putting a toggle button on the shared stash in multi-player. So if you wanted to share with somebody (like OneoftheLost) you could. But otherwise, you could keep people out of it.

Shadow
05-03-2010, 10:11 AM
Yeah, no one can access your shared stash. You can see what they have equipped though and trade items with them based on that info.

Jorlen
05-03-2010, 01:17 PM
I had the pleasure of playing multiplayer this weekend and it was a blast. Very well done, this game is definitely better with more people playing.

So grab the beta patch, and if there aren't any MP games listed, start one, fully knowing you can pause if you're playing alone, so there's nothing to loose :)

DeathKnight1728
05-03-2010, 04:09 PM
I never knew how to get the multiplayer started. So the new patch (beta) makes it work?

Jorlen
05-03-2010, 04:26 PM
I never knew how to get the multiplayer started. So the new patch (beta) makes it work?

It worked pre-patch, it's just that SHadow has added the very nice feature that if you're alone in a MP game you started, you can pause it.

So now I can start up a MP server (never seems to be any when I check) and play alone and pause until someone jumps in.

@ Shadow: What happens when the game is paused and people join? Does it unpause automatically? Just curious :)

DeathKnight1728
05-03-2010, 04:45 PM
Yeah, I'm definitely going to have to figure out how to get multiplayer started once wednesday is over and classes are done. Until then, I cant seriously play anything.....which sucks, nor can I write anything....which really sucks.

Shadow
05-03-2010, 07:14 PM
What happens when the game is paused and people join? Does it unpause automatically? Just curious :)

I'm pretty sure it will automatically unpause. Which is slightly dangerous but really about the only thing I can do.

graffen69
05-04-2010, 08:12 PM
Yeah, i too got into a MP game on the East US server the other night. If memory serves i i played with an Assassin/Warlock some 6-7 levels above my 12 lvl Archer/Assassin. We kept clearing quests but the # of assassins and town attacks were downright NUTTY. Had to keep on running back and forth all the time. Sadly, it was getting really late (or rather very early) on the EU continent so i had to quit for some well earned sleep.
But dam i had a blast :)