PDA

View Full Version : Can you kill din?

DinSlayer
04-14-2010, 08:08 PM
Hi guys, I read from another forum about this game and it seems very interesting. I especially like the whole living world concept. But see there is a problem with me. I'm one of those anal role players who hate it when some wannabe godlings force my characters to do something. So I was wondering if there are options for you to role play as evil characters or at least fight your way free from "din's curse" without basically being his slave? I don't really mind doing his bidding as long as there is a chance I can backstab his domineering ass at some point later in the game.

LOL also I already know I'm anal retentive so don't bother pointing that out. Thanks guys.

TheRani
04-14-2010, 08:43 PM
Hi guys, I read from another forum about this game and it seems very interesting. I especially like the whole living world concept. But see there is a problem with me. I'm one of those anal role players who hate it when some wannabe godlings force my characters to do something. So I was wondering if there are options for you to role play as evil characters or at least fight your way free from "din's curse" without basically being his slave? I don't really mind doing his bidding as long as there is a chance I can backstab his domineering ass at some point later in the game.

LOL also I already know I'm anal retentive so don't bother pointing that out. Thanks guys.

The basic plot of the game is something of a ripoff of the movie, "Groundhog Day". You were a selfish jerk all your life, and now Din (an actual deity, no mere wannabe) is forcing you to live it over and over again, helping town after town, respawning over and over again (welcome to your own personal hell), until you have built up a strong Reputation as a hero. You can be a jerk as long as you want, watching townspeople get eaten by rampaging monsters, etc., but you'll be reliving this bad dream over and over again until you can prove to Din that you're not the jerk you used to be. Like I said, it's like Groundhog Day. And you're Phil Connors. Think of Din as that darned clock that plays, "I've Got You Babe" every morning. No matter what you do to it, in the morning it'll still be there, making the same noises, until you become a hero.

interesting
04-14-2010, 11:39 PM
If Din think its a bad dream, he is terribly mistaken, because my character is enjoying it and he isnt actually helping or caring about those people.

In reality, my character remains evil, egoist and opportunist. He goes to the dungeon because he is greedy, he goes there for the treasures and the glory, for lust of power.

He seeks more and more power, laughing inside at Din's between each teleport.

One day he will kill Din.

Out of Character: just make a mod where you kill Din. The character will come and say
"look what I found: The sword of ressonance! *SLASH*"

DinSlayer
04-15-2010, 12:37 AM
If Din think its a bad dream, he is terribly mistaken, because my character is enjoying it and he isnt actually helping or caring about those people.

In reality, my character remains evil, egoist and opportunist. He goes to the dungeon because he is greedy, he goes there for the treasures and the glory, for lust of power.

He seeks more and more power, laughing inside at Din's between each teleport.

One day he will kill Din.

Out of Character: just make a mod where you kill Din. The character will come and say
"look what I found: The sword of ressonance! *SLASH*"

Wait, so you think it's possible to make a mod where you can fight and kill din? What would happen after you kill him? Will you still go around saving towns?

Shadow
04-15-2010, 09:27 AM
Wait, so you think it's possible to make a mod where you can fight and kill din? What would happen after you kill him? Will you still go around saving towns?

You could make a mod to let you kill Din. Technically it probably wouldn't change the game too much though.

Axegrinder
04-15-2010, 02:55 PM
If you kill him you would take his place and become the thing you hate.

DinSlayer
04-15-2010, 05:00 PM
LOL I'll learn to live with it. Besides, I'm not gonna go around passing moral judgments on dead spirits or whatnot. Let some other godlings do that. Apparently, my character has plenty of issues he needs to work out.

Do you guys think it would be hard to mod an alternative ending where you duke it out with din? I'm willing to give it a try but I'm pretty illiterate when it comes to computers.

udm
04-16-2010, 12:11 PM
Duke it out with Din? I'm pretty sure I'll give his booty such a beating he'll never forget :p