PDA

View Full Version : modding fighter bay

AngryMoped
12-22-2012, 10:50 PM
I'm loving this game but I don't like that fact that only 3 fighters can be active at a time. Would it be possible to mod it so that the number of fighters active at a time can be changed? If so, where in the asset file is it located? I rummaged around assets001.zip/database/items but couldn't seem to find what controlled that aspect of the item. Thank you.

Shadow
12-23-2012, 10:40 PM
You want to change MonsterMaxCount in skills like SkillFighter1 in Database/Skills.gdb

FileNotFound
12-24-2012, 12:02 AM
You want to change MonsterMaxCount in skills like SkillFighter1 in Database/Skills.gdb

What I want to know is if it's at all possible to make fighters slowly regenerate health. Having to respawn them or feed them is kinda tedious.

joku
12-24-2012, 09:40 AM
Under skillfighter1, where you can change the max number of fighters, you can also see what fighters are called in the database: MonsterDroxFighter1.

So you can look for that name under MonsterTypes to find the code you need to change to change the fighters themselves. In this case, you would want to add a line to that code to give the fighters some regeneration. Looking through MonsterEnhancements, you'll find some enhancements called EnhancementRegeneration1 (1-3).

So all you would have to do is add a line under "MonsterDroxFighter1" in "MonsterTypes" that is written as follows: "Enhancement EnhancementRegeneration1".

But looking through the code, it seems there are ten different kinds of fighters, and you'll likely want to change the code for each one, both under "Skills" to increase quantity and under "MonterTypes" to give them regeneration.

FileNotFound
12-24-2012, 11:36 AM
Under skillfighter1, where you can change the max number of fighters, you can also see what fighters are called in the database: MonsterDroxFighter1.

So you can look for that name under MonsterTypes to find the code you need to change to change the fighters themselves. In this case, you would want to add a line to that code to give the fighters some regeneration. Looking through MonsterEnhancements, you'll find some enhancements called EnhancementRegeneration1 (1-3).

So all you would have to do is add a line under "MonsterDroxFighter1" in "MonsterTypes" that is written as follows: "Enhancement EnhancementRegeneration1".

But looking through the code, it seems there are ten different kinds of fighters, and you'll likely want to change the code for each one, both under "Skills" to increase quantity and under "MonterTypes" to give them regeneration.

Thanks. I'll play around with this later and post the results.

AngryMoped
12-26-2012, 12:46 AM
Thank you everyone. That worked surprisingly well. I didn't put in the regen for the fighters since I did up the limit (I may fool around for fun but I don't want to completely ruin the game for myself).

Scrump
01-08-2013, 01:19 AM
Anyway you could post the code for us non-modders? It would be appreciated!

Siaukia
01-11-2013, 04:41 AM
Anyway you could post the code for us non-modders? It would be appreciated!

This is what I use for my own game based off Quick and Dirty Modding thread:

Installation:
Create "Database" folder in the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Drox Operative\Assets\" folder.
Inside the Database folder create a text file: MoreFighters.gdb

Uninstallation:
Remove MoreFighters.gdb from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Drox Operative\Assets\Database\"

ReuseTime 0.1 ◄▬▬ This is where you change (+ / -) wait time to click new fighters
MonsterMaxCount 0.21 ◄▬▬ This is where you change (+ / -) amount of fighters.

Copy below into the text file

FighterBay_BaseSkillFighter overrides BaseSkillFighter
{
Base BaseSkillDefense

Power 18.0
ReuseTime 0.1

MonstersToSpawn 1
// MonsterStatusEffect StatusEffectPlayerSummonedSkeleton
MonsterNoSave 1
MonsterAddAsFollower 1
MonsterLevel 1
MonsterMaxCount 5
NeedsDeadBody 0
DestroysBody 0
MarkAsPet 1
MaxMonsterRarity Normal

MonsterLevelPerUserLevel 0.0

AreaEffect Models/Effects/fighterLaunch.mdl
EffectTime 2.0
}

FighterBay_BaseSkillFighterPerLevel overrides BaseSkillFighterPerLevel
{
Base BaseSkillPerLevel

MonsterLevel 1.0
MonsterMaxCount 0.21
Power 6.0
}

Warning Do not blame me if it does not work for you. I only use this code for my own game.

Scrump
01-11-2013, 09:17 AM
Hey! Thanks a lot for your help! I appreciate it!

nox
01-12-2013, 10:07 PM
A better fit for fighters regenerating health would be a repair beam that automatically repairs them, medium slot item I am thinking.

dmaiski
03-17-2013, 05:47 PM
this mod did something intresting, its now viable to play as a pure fighter carrier. my curent drakk carrier hosts over 30 fighters in 6 bays, and is downright terefying.

the only problem is you have to focus purely on tactical, engeneering, and command. The resultant main ship is slow and has little defense, but is basicaly unstopable with a full fighter swarm.

also this makes drakk attack carrier type ships (1-2 fighter bays+many many guns) very safe choices.

Tyrax Lightning
03-31-2013, 03:26 PM
Is it possible to make Mod Fighter Bays that launched new kinds of Fighters with different kinds of armament from Vanilla ones?

xorch
05-14-2013, 04:27 AM
Yes it is Tyrax. I'm working on a Drone Mod that's currently running Mirv Missiles, EMP Pulsers and Standard Bombs as armaments.

MonsterDrone2 //Near identical to the Fighters setup.
{
Base BaseMonster

Archetype ArchetypeDrone

Name $$WeaponDrone4$$

Level 1

ModelName Models/Projectiles/bomber.mdl
SkinName Models/Projectiles/bomber/bomber_skin01.skn

Skill SkillDroneEMP // Change here with your skill based on weapon of choice for new armaments
}

randomdude
07-27-2013, 07:31 AM
A simple way to enhance and diversify your fighters is to change the rarity (apperently the pet rarity from dins curse still exists in drox)

If we look at the above mod it is only a matter of a single line change:

FighterBay_BaseSkillFighter overrides BaseSkillFighter
{
Base BaseSkillDefense

Power 18.0
ReuseTime 0.1

MonstersToSpawn 1
// MonsterStatusEffect StatusEffectPlayerSummonedSkeleton
MonsterNoSave 1
MonsterAddAsFollower 1
MonsterLevel 1
MonsterMaxCount 5
NeedsDeadBody 0
DestroysBody 0
MarkAsPet 1
MaxMonsterRarity Legend

MonsterLevelPerUserLevel 0.0

AreaEffect Models/Effects/fighterLaunch.mdl
EffectTime 2.0
}

FighterBay_BaseSkillFighterPerLevel overrides BaseSkillFighterPerLevel
{
Base BaseSkillPerLevel

MonsterLevel 1.0
MonsterMaxCount 0.21
Power 6.0
}

MaxMonsterRarity set to Legend means you'll be able to spawn up to legendary fighters (anything above normal may get a modifier to further buff it)

CoolColJ
08-06-2013, 04:52 AM
Either it was patched in, or using the legend modifier makes them regen now, at quite a slow rate

Some of the fighters spawn with the an "expert" title, while others get some buffs or other effects
But it is rather random each time they spawn

Also will changing

MonsterNoSave 1

to a 0, make them save, so they won't need to be spawned again upon reload....?

joku
08-06-2013, 10:41 AM
Also will changing

MonsterNoSave 1

I haven't tried it in Drox, but that's how it works in Din's.

CoolColJ
08-06-2013, 11:55 AM
Doesn't work :)

randomdude
08-07-2013, 02:13 PM
Either it was patched in, or using the legend modifier makes them regen now, at quite a slow rate

Some of the fighters spawn with the an "expert" title, while others get some buffs or other effects
But it is rather random each time they spawn

Also will changing

MonsterNoSave 1

Hmm i haven't actually spawned legendary fighters but basically anything above normal seems to have a chance to have a random modifier - it felt nice to have since it meant that every fighter could be something different altogether in a pure gameplay mechanics aspect (get a high structure fighter or a EM dmg fighter).

Though i'm trying to find the right combination so that the amount of fighters and fighter rarity isnt' overpowered - though i think anything above normal is a step up maybe just expert is enough.

pieciax
12-16-2013, 02:08 AM
So
does anyone have ready and tested mod for fighters to regenerate their hp?
Please post if so.

CoolColJ
12-16-2013, 02:48 AM
They already regen their HP, just slowly