PDA

View Full Version : Sacred 2

Jorlen
04-20-2010, 05:13 PM
It was released for PC and then console a year+ later. Ascaron is no longer, and there remains plenty of bugs in both console and PC port, but that didn't stop me from putting in hundreds of hours in this game since its release.

Any other fans?

getter77
04-23-2010, 01:01 PM
One of these days, if "they" ever get it sorted out/more fixes/some kinda cheap combo pack, I've reckoned it'd be nice to play this game and the expansion that came out for it before everything crashed down in flames.

I mean, they were crazy enough to get Blind Guardian into the game---that says something right there!

dnuggs40
04-23-2010, 02:01 PM
I played it for about 50-60 hours...it's an OK game but there's too many issues that made me loose interest. Not really talking about bugs either...I don't like a lot of the design choices. Worth the dough imo though, got my monies worth I think.

*edit*

BTW, did you just make a thread about Din's on gamespot?

Shadow
04-23-2010, 02:11 PM

Jorlen seems to be everywhere, which is very nice. :)

Jorlen
04-27-2010, 02:58 PM
I played it for about 50-60 hours...it's an OK game but there's too many issues that made me loose interest. Not really talking about bugs either...I don't like a lot of the design choices. Worth the dough imo though, got my monies worth I think.

*edit*

60 hours eh? Nice. I'm ashamed to say I've put in at least 200 hours in that game since release. I keep coming back to it. Apart from the bugs left in the game by Ascaron (sadly they closed their doors shortly after the console port of S2) I absolutely love their take on it. But, most people I know that game feel the same way you do about the design decisions.

And yeah, lol I did make a thread. I'm everywhere! Nice shirt, btw. I'm also working on getting the game updated on Gamespot so that we can post user reviews and stuff. Right now it's stuck at TBA so it's unreleased meaning we can't add user content. Soon though!

Warfran
07-04-2010, 01:16 PM
Just picked up the first Sacred(Sacred Gold)on Steam, they have it on their Summer sale for $3.39. I never played either Sacred game and said what the heck at that price.

So far I've played about 6 hours and really am enjoying it even for a 5 year old game, it's very addictive.
Reminds me of a hack&slash version of Divine Divinity an RPG I loved when it came out.

dnuggs40
07-06-2010, 09:57 AM
I really loved the first Sacred, great game. And yeah it still looks nice even today...I think the art still holds up very well.

Warfran
07-06-2010, 11:31 AM
I really loved the first Sacred, great game. And yeah it still looks nice even today...I think the art still holds up very well.

It really does still still look good. I'm surprised I never played it till now considering how much I like Diablo styled games...even played games like Loki through a dry spell last year, and that was bad, buggy and boring, luckily it was another Steam low baller.

All the bugs I had heard about Sacred 2 kept me away from that one, but after I finish S1 I'm going to give it a go.

Archon
07-26-2010, 09:42 PM
I was interested in trying Sacred 2 although I hated the screen respawn from the first Sacred game, too much grinding from place to place for my tastes, not sure if Sacred 2 has the same mechanic. Although I agree with the art style, I enjoyed the graphics in Sacred since it sort of reminded me of the first Diablo game which I felt was one of the few games to have superior artwork/atmosphere than it's sequel.

Jorlen
07-28-2010, 12:35 PM
I was interested in trying Sacred 2 although I hated the screen respawn from the first Sacred game, too much grinding from place to place for my tastes, not sure if Sacred 2 has the same mechanic. Although I agree with the art style, I enjoyed the graphics in Sacred since it sort of reminded me of the first Diablo game which I felt was one of the few games to have superior artwork/atmosphere than it's sequel.

The enemies respawn in areas if you leave them and come back. I haven't played the first sacred game, but to me, this mechanic suits the game (sacred 2 that is). The idea is to be able to travel and do side quests at your leisure, and I like the fact that if you need to replenish the monsters you can just teleport out and back in.

If that's not your thing, do not get sacred 2 :) Lots of grinding, the level cap is 200 lol :)

Archon
07-29-2010, 10:26 PM
Well it depends on the size of the area. In the first Sacred you could walk 20 feet and then walk back and monsters would be spawned. If Sacred 2 is like that than I probably would skip the game. If by area you mean a entire game zone than I would be fine with that as long as their is some sense of tranquility after the monster clearing.

Jorlen
07-30-2010, 10:46 AM
Well it depends on the size of the area. In the first Sacred you could walk 20 feet and then walk back and monsters would be spawned. If Sacred 2 is like that than I probably would skip the game. If by area you mean a entire game zone than I would be fine with that as long as their is some sense of tranquility after the monster clearing.

I haven't played it in a while, but I'm fairly certain you could clean up an area and the monsters won't respawn unless you travel quite far or teleport in/out. If this will make or break it for you, go to the sacred 2 forums and ask just to be sure.

Do you have a console? PS3 or XBOX 360? Although I normally prefer to play these games on the PC, Sacred 2 is an exeption because the controller interface and feel is very well made for consoles. Many who have both versions preferred the 360 version, as a matter of fact.

dnuggs40
07-30-2010, 10:55 AM
Yeah I don't remember the respawn being that aggressive in Sacred. Of course like Jorlen mentioned...it has been some time since I played it.

Warfran
07-30-2010, 04:17 PM
I got an e-mail from Direct2Drive letting me know that Sacred 2 is now $19.95, so having enjoyed Sacred 1 so much and reading the posts here and a couple of other forums I ordered it.

Wow 12.5 Gigs, that is one hefty download, I'm glad D2D has always been faster than Steam for me, it's still going to take over 4 hours. Anyway looking forward to playing it.

Archon
07-30-2010, 10:48 PM
I haven't played it in a while, but I'm fairly certain you could clean up an area and the monsters won't respawn unless you travel quite far or teleport in/out. If this will make or break it for you, go to the sacred 2 forums and ask just to be sure.

Do you have a console? PS3 or XBOX 360? Although I normally prefer to play these games on the PC, Sacred 2 is an exeption because the controller interface and feel is very well made for consoles. Many who have both versions preferred the 360 version, as a matter of fact.

The only console I have is the slim model PS2 that I play once in a while. Have been thinking of picking up a current gen console from time to time although by the time I get around to it the console Sacred 2 will probably only be found on Ebay unless the Xbox marketplace or Playstation store have it for digital download. The console version for me would be the better choice since my PC has seen better days , although if the game could scale well with older setups I might check it out on the PC sometime.

Inspired
12-17-2010, 08:08 AM
This is actually the only game (PS3 version) that I have ever gotten my wife to play with me. She doesn't care for video games at all but she enjoyed this.

Warsover
07-06-2011, 05:24 AM
Ever since I learned what an iopsis was from Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, I began searching games that utilized this function to produce real world effects and even in game effects that were a direct result from splitting my eyes apart on the background of the character screen and target monsters and creatures. So far, my most powerful combination was the FACT that I made a Gust of Wind catch 5 or more Monsters on fire when combined with Eternal Flame in Sacred 2: Ice and Blood with the Dragon Mage. Like an idiot I got scared, thinking, okay, I wanted this to happen, but now that it's happening, can I control it? What's a Gust of Wind supposed to do in real life, anyways. How can Eternal Flame catch (I think I got up to about 20-25 creatures) fire? I moved on from Sacred 2 for the time being and am now practicing the magicks in Fate The Cursed King. I've always wanted to compare notes, if anyone is interested, help me out by letting me tell you everything I know and then we can kinda critique it together. Here's to wishing! Paul.