PDA

View Full Version : Issues starting the game

Killer524
04-21-2010, 12:41 AM
I just bought Din's Curse and have an issue starting the game. Whenever I launch the game it will automatically window\minimize itself to my desktop (game keeps running). Sometimes if I get lucky it will stay fullscreened if I alt-tab it a few times trying to get into the options menu or something similar. Anyone else have this problem\have a fix for this?

Just in case if it is needed here is my computer specs:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Process 4800+ 2.50GHz
3GB of Ram
Nvidia Geforce GTX 260 896MB
Windows 7 Ultimate

Any help would be very much appreciated =D

Kruztee
04-21-2010, 10:10 AM
Wierd. I have very similar system specs and have never had a problem.

I'm on a core 2 duo and have 4 Gb system ram but otherwise identical.

Goes without saying, but try updating your drivers first. Probably newer drivers for your 260 GTX by now, but I can confirm that v 8.17.11.9621 works fine.

Try starting the game in windowed mode then use alt-enter to get it back to full screen, or simply play in windowed mode. You can force windowed mode on by editing the user.cfg file in C:\Users\<YOUR NAME>\AppData\Local\DinsCurse\User folder. r_fullscreen 0 is the line that will do this.

Shadow
04-21-2010, 04:44 PM
That is strange. It sounds like something else is popping up and taking focus away from the game.

Killer524
04-21-2010, 04:58 PM
Thanks for the replies but the problem seems to have subsided after I had to restart the computer. Great game so far! :3