PDA

View Full Version : Reset global stats?

EndymyrBrand
11-04-2007, 07:28 AM
Hello,

Would it be possible to add a reset for global statistics for the anal-retentive, type-A personalities among us? Right now I stoop to uninstalling and reinstalling the entire thing when I want to clear my global statistics of embarrassing things I'd rather not be reminded of :( Just deleting the offending character doesn't do it, I don't think.

Shadow
11-04-2007, 10:37 AM
Well you can delete or rename the global.sts file in your User/chars directory. This would get rid of everything the game thinks of as global stats. The instant that you play the offending character though the stat would reappear.

If you do this just be careful. Make sure it really has a sts extension and I would just rename it so you can replace it if you need to.

And welcome to the forums EndymyrBrand.

EndymyrBrand
11-05-2007, 10:19 AM
Thanks! Deleting that file worked like a charm. :)

I was, frankly, surprised at how much I enjoyed the demo; my gaming memory doesn't extend back to BG2 and the like, so it's less nostalgia and more pure appreciation of a good gaming concept. Then I was surprised again at the richness of the story/background that was accessible if you chose to read everything. It's even pulled me away some from Civilization 4: Beyond the Sword, and that's saying something.

Shadow
11-05-2007, 11:48 AM
Glad I could help, now if I could just talk you into buying the full game. :)

That's exactly what we were trying to do, provide a deeper experience than the typical action RPG. That and providing something different. I still think a lot of people are missing a lot of this though, especially the story since it is spread out so much.

To get the full benefit of the stories you really should read the stories in the game (or off the website), read the blurbs about the monsters, bosses, and heroes, read the blurbs about the different zones, pay attention to the story quests, and even pay attention to what the different NPCs talk about.

EndymyrBrand
11-06-2007, 07:06 AM
Oh, I did buy the full game, even before I reached the limits of the demo.

Shadow
11-06-2007, 07:02 PM
Oh, cool. Just saw the reference to the demo and thought that you hadn't bought the full game yet.

AnalogKid
11-06-2007, 09:03 PM
To get the full benefit of the stories you really should read the stories in the game (or off the website), read the blurbs about the monsters, bosses, and heroes, read the blurbs about the different zones, pay attention to the story quests, and even pay attention to what the different NPCs talk about.
I've done some of all of those except for the zones (I only have 2 books left to find in my collection). How do you read blurbs about the zones?

Shadow
11-06-2007, 10:31 PM
When you are in the zone, highlight the zone name above the minimap and press H.