PDA

View Full Version : Ironman request

Axegrinder
04-23-2010, 10:55 PM
I like playing hardcore mode,but so far it's proven very daunting. Out of about 25 builds only one has reached lvl 12 most die around 8. The lack of a teleport stone which makes DOP playable in this mode is the problem. Knowing unlimited teleport to town would be a cheat, how about a limited stone that would allow you to move to a random dungeon? It would only be active in hardcore mode. You may end up in another mob and die but it would give you a fighting chance.Any other input on this?

Magitek
04-24-2010, 01:06 AM
Could probably make a potion that triggers either the random teleport or fall-down effect. I have my doubts to this on hardcore though, if you're dying, you should set a lower level area, it may take longer, but you won't die in a hurry.

edit: Well I made an attempt at this but it turned into alot more effort than previously thought. Adding a potion has kept me boggled, also, teleport random didnt work on it..

torikamal
04-24-2010, 11:18 PM
To me the difficult of hard-core mode is all about revisiting the Hack, Nethack, or Rogue classics. Sometimes you didn't even get to the second dungeon level before you bit the dust.

A lot of it is based on luck, skill, cautiousness and tons of patience. I understand frustrations, but it is hard-core--getting a character leveled up far should truly be an epic feat!