PDA

View Full Version : Potential issue found with proc's failing to work

L337GTIMKV
04-26-2010, 08:20 AM
I had two items with proc's on them.. Both of which were not working at all.. (Again...) One was a 2h axe with 7.1% chance to cast fire weapon on hit, the other was a shoulder with a 3% chance to cast petrify on being hit...

As an experiment I removed the shoulder to see if having two proc'ing items can cause ALL proc's to "break"... And voila.. My weapon proc'ed immediately upon doing this.. Then I added the shoulder back, and my weapon is still proc'ing correctly, and I think the shoulder is as well now!

Can we get a fix for this please?

P.S. Not one patch since release has me more than alittle worried about the future of this game! =\

Shadow
04-26-2010, 09:31 AM
Can you post this character?

Don't worry there will be more patches. There is just a lot to do after a game is released so I've been busy. Well that and I took a week vacation. :)

L337GTIMKV
04-27-2010, 07:10 AM
Well that is good to hear Shadow.. I've tried to find where my save files are in Win 7 64 bit.. But they seem to be well hidden.. Can we just get save games in the games main folder?

Anyways... after further playing my warrior.. I've decided to shelve this game until proc's are fixed.. as it stands they are basically categorically broken.. They are unreliable in the extreme and seem to "break" for no reason whatsoever.. And this is assuming they EVER work, which most don't for me.. (Weapon proc's seem to be most unreliable btw..)

My suggestion is to gut the whole proc system and rebuild it from scratch, ensuring that 1) Proc stacking works (Having more than 1 of the same proc..), and 2) Adding/removing items with proc's don't break the entire system. 3) Please add more different proc's so that we don't find the same 3 all the time. (Fire shield/Earthquake etc etc..)

Btw.. Since we are talking about item related stuff... Uniques/Sets are STILL auto-sell, as they are still laughably weak. (Most have like +1 to like 3 useless stats, and that's IT.) In fact, I've had to modify my game to add more modifiers randomly to all item types beyond Unique just to make the items at least somewhat viable... This really needs to be addressed.

Anyways.. Thanks for responding Shadow!

Shadow
04-27-2010, 10:17 AM
Well that is good to hear Shadow.. I've tried to find where my save files are in Win 7 64 bit.. But they seem to be well hidden.. Can we just get save games in the games main folder?

For Win 7 they should be in C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Local\DinsCurse\User\chars (AppData might be a hidden directory)

I would like to store the save games in the games main folder, but ever since Vista windows won't let you unless you have admin privileges.

BTW, each time I look at procs they seem to be working fine. That's why I asked for your specific character. Hopefully I can reproduce any issues better that way.

Shadow
04-27-2010, 03:50 PM
I just tested this and everything seemed to work fine. This is why it would be helpful to see your actual character because there might be something else going on also.

L337GTIMKV
04-28-2010, 03:04 AM
I had to make windows show hidden files, but I finally found my character.. Here he is..

Btw, is there a way to activate some kind of debugging mode that will show us when a proc goes off? The stun proc my shoulders have has very little to indicate that is has gone off. (This seems to be a common issue with most proc's btw..)

Maybe adding a floating message option for proc's would be nice?

You say you have checked the proc's, but does that entail ALL of the available proc's? I've never seen the ice proc on weapons go off, nor have I seen the fire wall proc work. (On any character..) Again though, this might just be an issue with not enough visual representation. (Graphics)

Btw, I always have to play with WMP running in order to avoid a nasty animation bug with my characters running animation. I wonder if that is somehow interfering with proc mechanics? (Seems odd, but no more odd than WMP magically making my animation issue vanish..)

Shadow
04-28-2010, 09:30 AM
Btw, is there a way to activate some kind of debugging mode that will show us when a proc goes off? The stun proc my shoulders have has very little to indicate that is has gone off. (This seems to be a common issue with most proc's btw..)

You say you have checked the proc's, but does that entail ALL of the available proc's? I've never seen the ice proc on weapons go off, nor have I seen the fire wall proc work. (On any character..) Again though, this might just be an issue with not enough visual representation. (Graphics)

No, there's no debugging mode to help. The petrify proc on your shoulders should make the monster effected go grey for a few seconds.

In this case I checked fire weapon on an axe and petrify on shoulders at the same time like in your situation. I'm sure I have not checked every type of procs. I'll go check those 2 though.

Kruztee
04-28-2010, 11:26 AM
I've just tested that save file and both procs seem to be working fine. Even when wielding the axe and wearing nothing but the shoulders, the character is quite hard to hit so the petrify proc is hard to trigger (2%) at the same monster level. It's also easily missed since the enemy is only turned to stone for a second or so. It procced twice in a minute on level 3 when I surrounded myself with torvas and let them wail on me for a bit. The flame wall on the axe is procing about one in 20 hits for me which is about what you would expect (it's 7% or so).

All looks good to me.

L337GTIMKV
04-29-2010, 09:09 PM
Hey Kruztee... Did you by chance have Windows media player running while playing?

Seems like an odd question i know, but I have to have it running or my characters running animation is broken.

Kruztee
04-30-2010, 02:04 AM
Nope, no media player running here... sorry :p

Shadow
04-30-2010, 09:39 AM
It worked fine for me also. I'll try with media playing running at the same time today.

L337GTIMKV
05-16-2010, 03:29 AM
Did you ever get around to trying WMP while playing Shadow?

Shadow
05-16-2010, 10:51 AM
I did and it still worked fine for me. It looks like the problem is something else.