PDA

View Full Version : Im looking for a Ship Speed/Turn Speed Uncapper

interesting
01-04-2013, 08:29 AM
Im looking for a Ship Speed/Turn Speed Uncapper.

I dont agree with the 200 Ship Speed limit decision, and I dont like the slow speed at wich the ship turn.

I feel that if the player wants to specialize and invest in speed it should be able to get as much Speed as he can through equipments.

Not because of the difficulty, but because of the boredom and slow pace of going from one spot to another.
So, how do I modify those 2 values?

Shadow
01-08-2013, 01:26 PM
You want to change MaxSpeed and MaxSpeedTurnMult in Database/systems.gdb. There are also some other variables in that section that you can play with.

Scrump
01-08-2013, 02:49 PM
Anyway you can post this when you make it? :)

Siveria
02-20-2013, 09:40 AM
One problem I can see with this would be the fact it could be game breaking, since everything is coded for 200 speed. I'd honestly like to find a way to mod how fast projectiles like the ones from the rail gun and such move, because they move way to slow and can't really ever hit moving targets.

boomwolf
02-03-2014, 07:34 PM
I thought it might cause problems, so I doubled all the values under speed in systems (including acceleration) and then played the "projectiles" file to make all projectiles faster too, by 50-75%
Now you CAN have a super-fast ship, and projectile dodging would be "easy", but if you invest in speed, it wont protect you from the instant-hit ray attacks like lasers and such, but WILL make you the bane of missiles and guns.

Also, if you mess with speed, remember to change the acceleration and deceleration modifiers! you dont want a ship that moves like the devil on max speed but takes ages to get there, and once its there is cant stop!

coatsy
02-23-2014, 08:05 AM
@ boomwolf

Any chance you could upload the mod you made? or list exactly what parameters need changing so we can do it ourselves?