PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Travel to un-owned systems

tk421storm
01-05-2013, 07:15 PM
I think there's got to be a way to travel to un-owned systems, at least with the current rate of AI colonization. Even on a small map, colonization usually stops 1-2 systems away from their home system. If the map is not optimally laid out (ie a long line of systems rather than a wheel-spoke system), this means races will NOT come in contact with each other, and when they do (and inevitably declare war) it's a bloodless, boring thing with neither side attempting to do anything of substance. These problems are obviously dramatically increased on any map size over small.

I don't mind doing the heavy lifting - but once the enemy is 4-5 systems away from my allies, it becomes incredibly tedious to travel to. And since enemy systems almost always have a bounty hunter, it's something I end up doing a lot (seriously, these guys one shot me like nobodies business!).

I think it could be fixed by either, figuring out some way to travel to unowned systems, or improving the AI of warring sides to actually attempt to colonize new systems, or send war parties to distant systems. When I do the hard work of clearing out a system, it's incredibly disheartening to return to my allies' system to find them barely coping with the mobs.

droxop55
01-05-2013, 10:44 PM
I have to agree regarding a way to return to an inhabited solar system. I understand the concept behind gates requiring maintenance, but I wouldnt have an issue for just paying a larger fee to jump to an uninhabited system.

demoss
01-07-2013, 04:45 PM
Quest to maintain gates! ;)

droxop55
01-07-2013, 08:24 PM
Quest to maintain gates! ;)

Yes! That is a great idea, +1

And along that same idea path, quests to upgrade gates to be permanent, or a way to pay to permanently upgrade a gate to be.. Permanent?