PDA

View Full Version : Increase bare handed damage

groo
01-06-2013, 03:01 AM
Other than massively increasing strength, can it be done with skills, also toughening their skin. making a character class who doesn't use weapons or armor (think Monk from D&D)

Also possibly skills to add magic modifiers to fists.

If it can be done could someone post an example.
the skill tree would have no weapon or armor proficiencies,
probably an aoe of either earthquake or maelstrom.

Shadow
01-08-2013, 02:36 PM
You can certainly add skills that add damage (like most warrior type skills like SkillPowerStrike) or armor (like SkillPlateArmor) to a character. You could make a new class that doesn't have access to any of the weapon types.

groo
01-08-2013, 09:36 PM
can a passive damage/defensive/armor/attack modifier be added in such a way that it goes up with level." to wit, could the character's level be used as the attribute in BonusStatPerAttribute? I think i got the modifier name right.

Can magic modifiers be added to bare hand strikes with skills or only to weapons?

Can skills be set up so they depend on a stat and skill level. for example a dodge skill that raised the amount a Bonusstatperattribute modifer?

example skillspiritdodge effects adds .1 defense per spirit point for each level.

Shadow
01-09-2013, 10:47 AM
I'm not sure exactly what you mean by that first question, but usually things don't go up with the characters level.

Skills can work with bare hands, but you probably can't make them not work with weapons.

I don't think you can do a per attribute bonus from a skill that also changes per skill level, but you can try. Things like SkillBonusAttackPerDexWeaponMaster do this (without the per level part).

Tyrax Lightning
04-21-2013, 05:34 PM
Maybe ya could Mod change the 'Attack' Skill to be like a "Chi Attack" Skill so that your 'Chi' is the Weapon as far as the Game Code is concerned, but Lore-Wise, you're combining your own body's power with your Chi Spirit to achieve seemingly superhuman levels of strength, dex, vitality & raw power. :D

Maybe the 'Monk' would have their "Chi Attack" function in place of the 'Attack Skill' & then this could be tied to a Passive Skill that would command the attack's Attack Power & boost its effectiveness with additional bonuses with Skill Level Up...? This might make how it works be coded kinda like a hybrid between a Melee Attack & a Spell... plus the 'Chi' aspect of the 'Monk' Class would give your unarmed attacks an excuse to not have serious attack reach shortage problems. :p

My apologies if this Post is outta line & counts as Thread Necroing, but I couldn't help myself. I'm a fan of Martial Arts... & after all my Drox loving to play, (that i'm not done with) Din's Curse started peaking my curiosity... i've DLed the Demo & am waiting for my RL to quit sucking long enough for me to give both the 'This Site' Version of the Demo & the Steam Version of the Demo a try. :)