PDA

View Full Version : Magic Find, Fury & Death situation

graffen69
04-26-2010, 08:00 PM
For all pet classes, do their pets use the same find magic/find item modifier as the character? Or do the modifiers only count when the character himself is killing the mob? Also when opening regular chest and the reward chest in town for completing all non-optional quests, is it affected by a higher Find Magic chance or does it only apply on mobs? Also when I ussally try to time those treasure potions with Boss mob kills and named Chests/secret stashes etc. but not sure when the magic find bonus applies. Also, does Magic Find apply to the reward given when reputation goes up a level?

Every now and then i see gear wtih a # % to procc level # Fury. But what exactly is it? I never managed to procc it myself, and i cannot find it (or i completly missed it) in any of the Skill Trees. Is it a monster skill only? Is it worth saving up on, like Haste Gear procs can be really useful? (I´ve managed to proc 9 haste at once, playing as a Weaponmaster/Druid Stalker and man it really upped my DPS not to mention i ran fast as lightning ;))

I would like to mention that if you run out of options (health pots cooldown to slow, no telelport left etc.) in a tight situation and decide to end the game and create a new town, the game continues in the background. This came to me as a little bit of shock when playing my Wizard and running out of options then decided to create a new game. Whilst creating the new game (choosing difficulty etc.) i died in the background. Maybe this is intended though so you cannot use it in a hairy situation and instead have to exit the game and then create a new world or pause the gambe before creating a new world? If not, an auto paus when creating a new world would be a nice addition.

Shadow
04-27-2010, 10:33 AM
Hmm, I believe magic find only works when the character gets the kill directly. Magic find does work with chests. You want the most magic find when the item actually spawns. Magic find will not help you with reputation rewards.

Fury increases attack speed, critical hit chance, and deep wounds chance.

graffen69
05-08-2010, 02:50 AM
I would like to mention that if you run out of options (health pots cooldown to slow, no telelport left etc.) in a tight situation and decide to end the game and create a new town, the game continues in the background.

For clarification; when you are all done with all main quests and push the "finished" blinker the game auto pauses. Then when you start creating a new game, choosing difficulty and so on, the game continues yet again. So if you use the blinker as a way to "get out" of a tight situation, you should be aware of this. I wasn´t = dead Wizard :p

graffen69
05-08-2010, 12:58 PM
Shadow wrote Hmm, I believe magic find only works when the character gets the kill directly.
You sure of this? I use treasue Finding potions on my Conjurer and to me it seems as long as i hurt them the potions has affect. This might be an illusion though and in such case im prolly better off with treasure potions on classes that dont depend on pets for kills.
Mebbe a patch that let pets use same treasure find % as the caster?