PDA

View Full Version : Mana regen items

Kruztee
04-26-2010, 11:32 PM
I don't understand how these work.

My latest character is very mana dependent, and I decided to use a ring with +5 mana regneration on it. The ring that I am removing to equip the mana regen ring is a + STR ring. When I put on my +5 mana regen ring, the mana regen value in the "other stats" section of my character page does not change at all. Isn't this wierd?

Now, I understand that mana regens at different rates in and outside of combat, and +INT and +SPI items on my ice mage/shaman seem to be having the desired effects on my mana regen rate.

If mana regen items are indeed working as intended, can anyone explain to me what is going on? Does +5 to mana regen not equate to +5 mana regenerated each second out of combat?

TheRani
04-27-2010, 12:40 AM
I don't understand how these work.

My latest character is very mana dependent, and I decided to use a ring with +5 mana regneration on it. The ring that I am removing to equip the mana regen ring is a + STR ring. When I put on my +5 mana regen ring, the mana regen value in the "other stats" section of my character page does not change at all. Isn't this wierd?

Now, I understand that mana regens at different rates in and outside of combat, and +INT and +SPI items on my ice mage/shaman seem to be having the desired effects on my mana regen rate.

If mana regen items are indeed working as intended, can anyone explain to me what is going on? Does +5 to mana regen not equate to +5 mana regenerated each second out of combat?

The mana regen items work fine. They just don't display properly on the "other stats" page. The number on the "other stats" page only tells you about the mana regen you get from your Int and Spirit scores. I suspect it's a bug. The easiest way to figure out your mana regen is to simply use lots of mana and then wait a second to see how much you get back.

graffen69
04-27-2010, 03:12 AM
Yes, ive noticed this too.
It seems like the "other stats" page only displays bonuses based on your temporarily Stats. So gear that has Int and Spi bonus will heighten your mana reg. If any gear brings additional bonuses, like in this case mana regen, you will have to add that to the value stated to get the actual bonus. If your playing a caster a good way (besides using mana reg gear and stats that boost int/spi) is raising your permanent Int or Spi, depending on the class you play. Check you basic skills, the ones on the top row on your skill page. They are tied to each tree and they do stack. For instance a Wizard has "Mana Regen Bonus" as a basic skill in all his 3 trees; Fire Mage, Ice Mage & Magican and so a wizards get 3 times as much bonus as if he would if playing a hybrid with say only one "Mana Regen Bonus". In the Wizards case his bonus is tied to Intelligence, so be sure to check out your basic skills to find out which stats you should be focusing on.

Jorlen
04-27-2010, 10:14 AM
Yeah I saw that right away after putting on mana regen gear. I feared it wasn't actually applying (since it's not added to the mana regen you get from stats) but after mousing over the bar and watching it regen, you can tell it works. I'm guessing not having it added to the other stats window is simply a bug.

I've also noticed that during combat (i.e. when your stamina is depleting when you move) mana regen changes or stops working, I'm guessing this is intentional.

Kruztee
04-28-2010, 11:09 AM
Thanks to everyone that took the time to reply to this thread. Yes, it seems that mana regen is indeed working exactly as intended. From INT and SPI I should be getting about 5 mana/seconds regen out of combat which is what shows in my character screen. I should be getting exactly 7 mana/second regen outside of combat from my items equipped. In actual fact I am seeing about 12 mana/second regen outside of combat, so it seems that everything is working as intended, despite the mana regen from equipped items not being reflected in the numbers on the "other stats" page.

Shadow
04-28-2010, 05:01 PM
Yeah, it's a display bug and is fixed in version 1.001.